Did some research middle of last year and Samsung was and probably is the brand of choice if you want a smart TV. LG, Panasonic and Sony would appear to be the next best. Ended up with a UA55ES6200. It's a beauty but the mistake I made was to save $200 and miss out on the Dual Core.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some geeks writing this one off for it's lack of HDMI 2 and the newer wireless standard?   I have no idea the implications there, but thought I'd pass it on.

It was extremely funny, well done.

First difference was to go online, sos you could watch youtube and the like.

Now the definition of smart has been hi-jacked by Samsung. Their Smart TVs follow you around the room and wait for you to gesticulate your command.

Revisions within model numbers happen don't they, to bring in efficiencies and stamp out issues. Just don't get the very first batch is perhaps wise.

Some geeks writing this one off for it's lack of HDMI 2 and the newer wireless standard?

I have no idea the implications there, but thought I'd pass it on.

• Like 1
Only problems now are the fact that it's not H.265 capable and HDMI 2.0 isn't here either. Without them, it's not a fully formed product. But if money's no object, it's a hell of a product. Easily the best Sony TV ever made.
  • Like 1