Palin for the White House!

Is there a God? If there is, please help us!

Quote:
Sarah Palin's Iowa trip points to 2012 presidential run

Attendance at Republican dinner in key state is seen as biggest sign yet that Sarah Palin aims to take on Obama in 2012

There are boxes that US presidential hopefuls have to tick early. They have to start building a campaign team, albeit discreetly. They have to set up a fundraising machine. And they have to visit Iowa, the small but politically crucial state that traditionally kicks off a White House run.

Sarah Palin has ticked the first two and on Friday will tick the third when she is the main speaker at a $100-a-seat Republican dinner in Des Moines, Iowa. The party's sole superstar has not yet said whether she will seek the nomination to take on Barack Obama in 2012. But all the indications point to a run, and Friday's visit is the biggest sign yet.

Democrats may detest her, and so does the Republican establishment, for her perceived lack of sophistication and polarising effect on the electorate. But neither will make the choice in the Iowa caucus. The party activists will, and they are shifting behind her. Long before the contest has formally begun, Palin is fast on the way to becoming unstoppable.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some of the pics I find her kind of hot....

If she runs it will be a very interesting race. I never thought Obama would get in because of his heritage, I was very wrong there, so is the US now primed for a white woman?

She will have wide appeal to the lowest common denominator in the US and a whole lot of above that. For those that haven't lived in the US you probably under estimate the extent of conservative views and if I recall correctly that 85% of the residents believe in a Christian God. The fact that gun rights are enshrined in the constitution and that she is appealing to a lot of the middle America with her perceived lack of sophistication and less then perfect family make her an attractive candidate for many. Remember Pauline Hanson, part of her appeal was the "Please Explain" moment when the reporter was being smug but in fact it back fired and the electorate loved that she didn't know the word.

Palin hunts, goes to church and drives her kids to soccer. There is quite a big demographic that does at least two of these, if not all 3. She could well be the person that the Republicans have run in years that most represents a large tract of Americans. She cant be dumber then George W and at least has some concept of what the working class is rather then coming from an overly privileged background.

What's that I hear in the background..... Jeb ???? smile

PS Hope this doesn't over step the political discourse rules here.

>In some of the pics I find her kind of hot....

People say that. Very disturbing.

>She will have wide appeal to the lowest common denominator in the US and a whole lot of above that.

Yeah, but I can't agree with the "whole lot above that" part.

>She cant be dumber then George W

I don't think George was ever particularly gifted but I think he was a little sharper as a young man. Judging by the way Palin speaks though, I think she is truly as dumb as George ever was.

What's that I hear in the background..... Jeb ???? smile

Yeah.... but I think the US needs a few more years before they're ready for another Bush.

>PS Hope this doesn't over step the political discourse rules here.

LOL I don't remember anything like that. I guess I should re-read the rules.

I really don't think she will become president. It's dually noted by most citizens how completely ridiculous her ideas and her ideology in general are. Yes she is loved by a few droves of people lacking common sense and are god fearing, but that doesn't go for most of the population. Please please please don't let your outside news sources tell you that she's a likely candidate for president. In reality Mitt Romney will probably be running for republican president.

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
I really don't think she will become president. It's dually noted by most citizens how completely ridiculous her ideas and her ideology in general are. Yes she is loved by a few droves of people lacking common sense and are god fearing, but that doesn't go for most of the population. Please please please don't let your outside news sources tell you that she's a likely candidate for president. In reality Mitt Romney will probably be running for republican president.

Here's hoping you are right, Mitch.
The bit about her becoming President that is.
Originally Posted By: ger
Tea party's got their eyes on congress.... Actively trying to hijack the republican party in some cases in fact. Seems like the old guard - guys like Carl Rove - aren't quite right wing enough.

The whole tea party thing is such a sad thing.

Could easily be one of the greatest paradoxes of our time. They actually have working people convinced that the government is their enemy and that programs that ultimately benefit them are evil. Oh the irony.