Hi folks

My Japan trip is coming together now and I will be there in January.

Got a really exciting question for you all! Are you ready? Sitting tight?

OK so in the UK in different regions we have different types of tap water - called soft water and hard water.

Can someone tell me what the water is like in Japan? It's important you see, for my hair. wink

wave

It's super delicious where I live... and famous because our water comes from Mt. Fuji... some real lame'os actually come from far and wide to drink water out of a spring in a park not far from my house. Personally, I can think of about a billion things that would be more interesting than that!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
hmmm....its a bit chloriney compared to the water from home.....still its ok. I always keep a bottle in the fridge, damn cold tap is anything but cold in summer

let it run a bit. It's only warm because it has been standing in the pipes.

Depending on where you live and the source.

Tokyo water heavily Chlorinated.

Mountain regions may naturally contain high Fluoride. (ie: Hyogo ken in Kansai from Mt. Rokko)

Some areas taste better than others.

TB, Kanto plain in general the water is pretty yuk. Most people have installed filters on their tap. Some people have the luxury of having IDO MIZU. They are much cooler.

I think what Rob said do make sense in a way where the supply line runs. Some grounds get hotter than others for sure.

MUGI CHA in the fridge is the taste of summer for me!

Quote:
Can someone tell me what the water is like in Japan? It's important you see, for my hair.

I know exactly what you mean. Japan knows nothing about water. I only use super-expensive imported French water on my very sensitive skin and hair. I would give you the name, but that would be advertising. Suffice to say, it goes "burbly burbly poop" on my skin, and the burbles are exactly the right size and shape.