Anyone have info on the bulk passes or early bird ones yet. Still haven't made my mind up where i'm heading this year, but i remember a couple of years ago there being this wild pass that let you on about 40 slopes (including nozawa!!?!?? and suginohara) for something like 38,000yens. Does that still exist? Or am i too early even for an early bird?

Also i swear ikenotaira used to have this super cheap early bird pass (12,000yen), so long as you got like 5 mates to sign up at the same time.

I have a feeling as i say, im a bit early, but i'll be coming from korea for a month or so, so want to start scheming and planning smile

yeah, i did that last year, but this year im not up for travelling. I just want to wake up, walk out the door and ride smile

Thats not what i meant, I gathered that it covered the SK areas, but I saw a poster that said it also allowed access to OTHER resorts, not Shiga kogen.......1 was in Hakuba and for some reason I think it was Happo, another may have been in Myoko and Nozawa but I can't remember the details

Kandatsu Pineridge resort had an awesome deal posted on this site a few years ago - I`m not sure if that place is still operating under that name if at all though - think it was either 28k or 38k - represents good value even with the yen where its at

• SnowJapan Admin

It's back to "Kandatsu Kogen" now boardbaka which was actually the original name before it became Pine Ridge. I hear there might be a few more changes coming for the next season, but no details yet,

ah I see - gd info thanks David - It claimed to have one of the steepest runs of resorts in Japan as well if I remember right - It was a good place interesting base facilities / onsen and video games and a skateboard ramp presumably people would make use of in a white-out i guess - Quite progressive initiatives for a resort here.

Originally Posted By: rider69
The happo shiga kogen pass is about 80000 yen.
Good to great value is the JTB if you put that together with the early bird
happo weekday pass for 43000 yen you get great value.

Hey mate how do we find these to buy them?

Search JTB seasons passes there is no early discount.

You dowload the form

send it away with picture

pay when they get it at 7/11

then they send you your pass or something like that.

The Shiga Happo pass can be bought at either resort and I dont think that you can do it online. Someone can however buy it for you as lon as they have 2 passport sized photos of you. You then pick it up once you arrive at the resort. But dont have someone buy the pass at Shiga then show up at Happo first you wont get your pass.

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
Looks like I'm picking up a season pass at one of the Seattle local mountains for $399. Not bad smile

Which is that...snoqual?! good deal. Utah is horrible for price on passes.

Stevens Pass. Snoqulamie is the worst of the 3 local mountains. But it's also the closest at only an hour away, so it's hard to beat it for convenience. I've done a season pass there the last 2 years but I've out grown it now.

Steven's Pass is bigger and has better snow but is about 2 hours from Seattle. It's a great deal though, so I just gotta get my butt there on weekends now smile

Crystal is generally better snow than Steven's and always much more terrain, but it's maybe another 30 mins more travel time. It's close to Mt. Rainer.

How much are passes in UT? Any updates on your Japan plans Mitch?

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
Stevens Pass. Snoqulamie is the worst of the 3 local mountains. But it's also the closest at only an hour away, so it's hard to beat it for convenience. I've done a season pass there the last 2 years but I've out grown it now.

Steven's Pass is bigger and has better snow but is about 2 hours from Seattle. It's a great deal though, so I just gotta get my butt there on weekends now smile

Crystal is generally better snow than Steven's and always much more terrain, but it's maybe another 30 mins more travel time. It's close to Mt. Rainer.

How much are passes in UT? Any updates on your Japan plans Mitch?

Passes in UT for college students are around $500 per mountain. You don't even want to know what adults pay per mountain.

Japan looks like a go right now! Got a solid savings from working so much.