Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
ALTS and Gran Deco.

both are good.....although Gran Deco I would not want to be there for a whole season. Thought Alts had a LOT of potential, pretty big area. (when I went it was late season and was really in need of a good snow dump)
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
ALTS and Gran Deco.

both are good.....although Gran Deco I would not want to be there for a whole season.

Yes, I agree that Gran Deco would not really support a whole season all by itself. The pot-sweetener for the season pass would be that with it, one can also buy cheap tickets to a bunch of other Tokyu resorts, as well as to Inawashiro.

Quote:
Thought Alts had a LOT of potential, pretty big area. (when I went it was late season and was really in need of a good snow dump)

Alts is on my list to check out. Not a very long season, but they do have a tie-up with Nekoma, which goes until Golden Week. Their season pass also seems to come with big discounts for skiing & boarding lessons, which could be interesting.

Alts has an awesome amount of park stuff, if that floats your boat. Not really my thing, but plenty of groomers to play on and loads of trees that looked like they'd be fun. Also probably the best on piste food I've ever had in Japan, the hamburgers were fantastic biggrin

if thats true, thats pretty much made my mind up. Dont suppose you have a link? Ive tried trawling through every english variant of furano season pass and can't find anything (nor anything on the price of this years season pass). I guess they still aint started, but thinking it might be on a japanese site somewhere.

http://www.skifurano.com/

Quote:
Central Hokkaido is Japan’s powder ski resort paradise consisting of the main resorts of Furano, Kamui Ski Links, and Tomamu which offer endless options for indulging in the country’s lightest, driest, and most consistent powder snow. Experience traditional Japanese culture and ski or snowboard all three mountains on the Furano lift pass.

well it says Tomamu, not Asahidake, and Kamui are included on the Furano pass

I know for a fact (ive been scouring the net) that theres an 8 day ticket where 2 days can be spent at a different resort (its between kamui, furano and Tomamu and the 6 days are where you base yourself and the other two are any of the other two places).

Theres also a 7 day pass, but its just one day at another resort. Kinda like the rusutsu/niseko one i saw last year.

Either way, i sent off an email to the people at the site, and maybe they can give a definitive answer on the season pass. smile

• 1 month later...

anyone got rough prices on various resorts? Still havent totally decided in truth where im off to this year, but if i find an awesome price on a season pass in a decent resort, it might help seal the deal smile Looking specifically for multi resort passes.