You have no internet...what do you do?

This article made me think...

http://www.news.com.au/technology/seven-...0-1225898260889

What would you do if the whole internet crashed for a week????

I wouldn't get any work done. No email. No phone (VoIP). Probably read more books, get more fresh air and starting buying top shelf material.

I think it would be liberating. Anyone else?

Absolutely.

We made that a conscious decision as unpopular as it seems to be in today's society. To allow Papa to have absolute freedom in business (jump on a plane this afternoon? No problem ... etc) we decided that I would give up work and be the primary caregiver and homemaker. He earns and I support his ability to do so - and we are an equal partnership. Our roles are completely different, but one can not exist without the other. So yeah - my primary job is housework wink

However, now that the kids are older I am working part time - otherwise I find myself talking to the washing machine machine. If the internet went down...it would be back to talking with the washing machine!! LOL

I hate the connected thing and didnt have a mobile even for a long time. I barely use PC outside of work anymore.

My goal is to achieve maximum minimization of IT, which may be a weird thing considering my job is running IT projects. I learned that technology is just one of the tools to get some goal achieved, and often it just makes things less efficient or too rigid.

I'm not sure I understand that but it sounds interesting! wink

Every now and again I will have a bit of time off. It's refreshing but then I feel the need to get back on. So much important stuff going on.

wink

I can live without Internet for sure.

Plenty of people where I used to live in Oz wouldn't have one, and if needed, will go to the community centre. Town is the only place that has DSL. Come to think of it, we don't get signal for some of the cell phones in that area.

Last century and aged about 10 years in the last few days!!! Been a crap weekend!

Well - seeing as I was camped out in a chair at the childrens hospital for the weekend I was without internet ... and I got bored! Although I was kept busy adjusting leg positions, pillows, getting wee bottles, sponge bathing and hassling nurses for pain relief. But I still got bored.

I reckon our brains get used to the extra stimulation.

• SnowJapan Admin

Just to let you know... the Forums will be closed from around lunchtime tomorrow through until some time in the evening (hopefully) - got to do some maintenance and preparation for some future changes.

We'll try to keep it as short as possible!

friend

• SnowJapan Admin

Sorry about that.... Things took rather longer than expected.

And there are still a few issues we are trying to sort out - and until then things might be a bit slow.

Hopefully things should be back to normal this afternoon.

Thanks.