What do you count as "middle aged"?

Is 40 middle aged? I was talking to my parents last night and my mum said something along the lines of 'well, you're middle aged now'. Wasn't expecting that and never really thought about it, but... am I middle aged? What is it apart from a phrase obviously.

How un-ace is that?

lol

I always thought 50, but I guess it doesnt make sense logically. 40 or even 35 would more logically be the start of 'middle' age.

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
I think kids think anyone over 20 is middle aged.

I'll just ignore the phrase, best thing to do. It's how you feel, not your age.

I'm 22 and the way I live life I wouldn't be surprised if I was middle aged lol

I'm 40 next September. 40's are looking up, with having kids and stuff. Should be a real trip, but I can't see myself ever saying "Life began at 40".

So you guys got any big plans for your 40th then? We've been talking about taking a trip to Hokkaido or something...

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Every decade of my life has only got better and better so looking forward to the next one.

Interesting point.

Apart from a few years at uni, I would say the same I think. thumbsup

Quote:
I'm 40 next September. 40's are looking up, with having kids and stuff. Should be a real trip, but I can't see myself ever saying "Life began at 40".

So you guys got any big plans for your 40th then? We've been talking about taking a trip to Hokkaido or something...

Don't wait until you're 40. Do it every year you're alive.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Every decade of my life has only got better and better so looking forward to the next one.

Interesting point.

Apart from a few years at uni, I would say the same I think. thumbsup

of course you would, you've forgotten how good it was through dementia. And drink attacked brain cells.

I'm 41 and I think that's middle aged. Very contented though!

I've said it before, but I think younger folks are getting an increasingly harder deal. See the university thread for one example. I'm not sure how easy things might be for my own kids.