I am new to Japan - just got here a week ago - living in Shizuoka-ken. I'm new to winter sports too, but really ready to go and give it a try. I'm just debating whether to go now, or to wait until the new season and all the fun that fluffy snow brings? What do you reckon? Should I start now or wait until the build up to and the new season?

No not too late.

But are you all kitted out yet or do you need to get that sorted out?

You might want to wait until next season - get prepared, learn more about the scene from these forums, etc - but there is still plenty of snow and even decent conditions out there if you want to go out.

I'm off to Nagano early tomorroww mornunng so I'll let you know but from what I can tell there is still some good action out there for you, I thoink

I'm drink right now buy the waty. Maybe I wont be pmaking it out towmorow anyway., bye

Fattwins,

The season starts early June, but its normally only a couple of green runs unless we have had a bumper start. Usually ends sometime in early October. So four months. July and August tend to be the best in terms of now quality and quantity. I'm going to be mising pretty much all of July so August will have to be most of season this year. October is normally pretty poor riding as most of the base is gone and only a few runs remain open. Once again the green runs where snow making exists.

If I was just about to start now, I would definitely wait until the beginning of next season and just look forward to it all from now on. You wouldn't have the best of times right now (unless you were lucky) - and I don't want the slopes being busy either!!

went to nz last summer. The reosrts were really bad in terms of facilities and snow ( 65cm does not constitute a base )> However, the heliboarding was awesome!!! Going back this summer to do it again!!!!