We are here for such a short time....

We have had some sad news this week/today.

The plane of Sundance Mining Exec's that went missing over the Congo has been found, with no one surviving. There were 11 people on board that plane, all with families and friends. It is just another reported tragedy among dozens of reported tragedies - each life lost as important as the other.

But this one effected us.

There were a number of people from Perth on that plane and as soon as the news broke I knew the chances that we knew someone either directly or indirectly would be high. I was right.

Craig Oliver is a husband and father. He has 3 teenage/preteen daughters, the eldest of which is friends with my 2nd son. They were in Niseko over Christmas and New Year. They spent NYE at Paddy's, where Craig impressed my eldest son with passionate stories of working in the mining industry to the point he considered a career path in that direction. 2nd son spent the evening calling him 'Dad'. He was well loved. He is now gone.

Nothing can be done to change his untimely passing. His family now left to deal with the ache of his loss - and it is a BIG loss! From what we know of him, he was not a man to waste his days, and lived a big life. I am sure the ladies he has left behind are in no doubt that he loved them more than anything.

Life is short.

Sometimes shorter than we think.

Remember to tell the people that are important to you, that they are.

Rest in peace

I hate hearing about these things. Definitely serves as a good kick in the ass for those of us who are fortunate enough to wake up every morning. Count your blessings, for sure.

Sad to hear that Mamabear.

Re-set mindset time once again. I have been moaning today about something that is, in reality, completely unimportant.

As the day has gone on I have realized how many connections there are. A friend who lives a long way away from me has a close friend and it happens she is the same man's sister. How many degree's of separation?

And a very prominent psychologist in Australia - an expert on teenagers - whom I have heard speak many times, lost his brother.

Yes. very much a reminder to not sweat the small stuff, and value the big stuff.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear

Yes. very much a reminder to not sweat the small stuff, and value the big stuff.

yes. like when is dinner?

All jokes aside, it is quite scary "connections" and how people share friends with family members and vice versa.
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Facestalk reveals quite a few of these 'scary' connections.

doesn't it!? It's amazing to see your family and friends on the friends list of people who you thought had absolutely no connection

RB - Domo Arigatou Gozimas for sharing that beautiful beautiful clip. I am still crying smile What a wonderful lovely teacher.

Believe me everyday I wake up I love and appreciate life and everytime I am out or thinking of someone I ring them or buy them something.

I lost my best friend very young and I would visit her grave everyday and every week I would put fresh flowers. It taught me to live the day everyday with your friends and family.

Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
RB - Domo Arigatou Gozimas for sharing that beautiful beautiful clip. I am still crying smile What a wonderful lovely teacher.

Believe me everyday I wake up I love and appreciate life and everytime I am out or thinking of someone I ring them or buy them something.

I lost my best friend very young and I would visit her grave everyday and every week I would put fresh flowers. It taught me to live the day everyday with your friends and family.

Makes you think eh? Kinda frustrates me how some people just can't express how they feel.

Great one Rob and thank you.

This one got me crying. Actually made me want to become a teacher.

You are right about that. It's all about Control, Power, $ out there that got us in so much trouble in the first place we should just let go, listen to each other with a loving environment.

Lot's of people have brain intelligence but no emotional intelligence.

Anyways, this clip gives me hope. These kids are going to be fine.

How good is that. "Why are you here at school?" "To be Happy!"

Sad the stick a ton of teachers get from parents, who obviously always know better. It sickens me sometimes the blame that bad parents put on teachers for any problems their children have.