Too important for the important news thread...

In the biggest election result of the year so far, it seems that AKB48's Atsuko Maeda "A-chan" has been dethroned with a new Number 1.

Shocking stuff, I'm sure you'll agree.

They may have a new leader, but I am sure that they will continue to break new ground in music, their musical and singing skills will shine through.

ファン投票ã§ï¼‘ï¼—æžšç›®ã®æœ€æ–°æ›²ã‚’æ­Œã†ãƒ¡ãƒ³ãƒãƒ¼ï¼’1人をé¸æŠœã™ã‚‹ã€Œï¼¡ï¼«ï¼¢ï¼”8é¸æŠœç·é¸æŒ™ã€ã®çµæžœç™ºè¡¨ã‚¤ãƒ™ãƒ³ãƒˆãŒï¼™æ—¥ã€æ±äº¬ãƒ»æ–‡äº¬åŒºã®ï¼ªï¼£ï¼¢ãƒ›ãƒ¼ãƒ«ã§è¡Œã‚ã‚Œã€å¤§å³¶å„ªå­ï¼ˆï¼’1)ãŒï¼‘ä½ã‚’ç²å¾—ã—ãŸã€‚政権を奪å–ã•ã‚ŒãŸå‰ç”°ã¯æ¶™ã‚’ã“らãˆã¦ã‚ã„ã•ã¤ã€‚「ç§ã¯è² ã‘ãšå«Œã„ãªã®ã§æ­£ç›´ã€æ‚”ã—ã„ã§ã™ã€‚去年ã¯ï¼‘ä½ã«ãªã£ã¦ã€ï¼¡ï¼«ï¼¢ã‚’引ã£å¼µã£ã¦ã„ã‹ãªãã¦ã¯ã¨ã„ã†ãƒ—レッシャーã¨æˆ¦ã£ã¦ã¾ã—ãŸã€ã¨æŒ¯ã‚Šè¿”ã£ãŸã€‚大島らã¨çµæˆã—ãŸï¼—人組ユニット「ãƒãƒ¼ãƒ ãƒ‰ãƒ©ã‚´ãƒ³ã€ã¯ã€ï¼—月21日ã«ã€Œå¿ƒã®ç¾½æ ¹ã€ã‚’リリース。「次回ã¯ãƒªãƒ™ãƒ³ã‚¸ã§ãるよã†ã«é ‘張りãŸã„ã€ã¨å‰ã‚’å‘ã„ãŸã€‚

Originally Posted By: brit-gob
New Musume single, they are still around

Shows how little I watch Japanese tv now, and I know these 'groups' are like revolving doors, but I don't recognise any of them! Are any of the original Musumes left in there?
Originally Posted By: KlingKlang
Did you see it on the "news" - those dudes lining up outside the venue and then going nuts in there. Some of them like in their 30s and 40s. Saddos.

Hey I'm not a saddo slap
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Originally Posted By: brit-gob
New Musume single, they are still around

Shows how little I watch Japanese tv now, and I know these 'groups' are like revolving doors, but I don't recognise any of them! Are any of the original Musumes left in there?

I doubt it. They all get cycled out by the age of about 20