• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the clueless a clue Thursday.

What are they?

Hey I know.

Start a Let's Go Yum Cha thread and introduce me to a different Dim Sum each day - bit like cheese of the week... But I want English names, description and a review wink

Thursday is right about the chook feet cooked with blackbean sauce and chilly. That's the way I have them, too. The fried ones were just for effect .. lol

Right about the "Food is in Kan-ton 広æ±â€ã€€

Loved the Yum-cha in HK.

I find it stranger when the Brits eat ox tongue and tail, and react to feet. confused

Never eaten Ox tail or Ox tongue in my life...well oxtail soup but thats from Heinz and I'd imagine there is very little Oxtail actually in there. Mind you I do eat Black Pudding and Haggis and all the lovely crap thats mashed and boiled and made into that! smile

Ox tail's yummy bit is the soft bones (gelatinous bits) in between. Just like chook feet. The meat around the bones is good, too.

It used to be on every menu I've eaten out with my folks.

Was my favourite.

The food that used to be popular and you don't see them so much.

Reminds me of Pavlova dessert. The baked merrenge (whipped egg white) on pie base topped with fruit (kiwi, peach, etc)

Used to be on every Aussie menue. You don't see that any more.

Bit like Heinz Big Red Tomato soup.

I have a friend with bizarre food allergies - serious allergies to almost all fruit and veg. She can eat potato, white onion and pea's - that is IT!

As a child they discovered she could eat Heinz Big Red Tomato soup without a reaction, but not sauce, not other Heinz soups and not other tomato soup brands... So the medical peoples, kind as they were, contacted Heinz to discover the secrets behind the soup in case something about the way it was processed would allow this girl to eat other foods... no response from Heinz. They refused to give away their secrets.

The logical conclusion was that Heinz BR Tomato Soup had no tomatoes in it! Well...today she is still able to eat it, and still can't eat other tomato products.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx

Reminds me of Pavlova dessert. The baked merrenge (whipped egg white) on pie base topped with fruit (kiwi, peach, etc)

Plenty of Pav, and Lemon Meringue Pie, but I don't recall a dessert fitting the description above...
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: Jynxx

Plenty of Pav, and Lemon Meringue Pie, but I don't recall a dessert fitting the description above...

Oh, no ... my memory is getting shot.
Didn't it have some fruit at the base and some ornamental fruit on top?

Heinz Tomato soup is different in Oz than it is in the UK. I was actually really excited when I saw it in my aunt's cupboard as I hadn't had it for the 2 years I was in Japan, so I opened it in anticipation but I was disappointed....its not the same soup. It wasn't that it was bad, just i was expecting the same soup that I could get in the UK and it wasn't