• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday
what is that like? It's just all meat and not really much of taste down this way. Meat on a skewer served by samba dancers.

Nah....same as a doner kebab but with marinated chicken instead. Actually very yum and became the boys 'a bu cha' - that is the repeat option for dinner and lunch at every opportunity.
Originally Posted By: thursday
nothing is same as a doner. Especially chicken.

I totally agree actually.
Shoot me now - but as far as I am concerned Doner is "Mystery Meat" - not to be eaten.

Herb and Garlic Beef Meatballs - home made - for yesterdays lunch - kids had them in a bread roll with tomato sauce, but I thought they were yummy enough to eat with no embellishments.

Going out with friends for lunch today - wonder if it can match my cooking...been on a roll this week!

Not yet Brit-gob.

Coming along well, but the 'recovery period' was supposed to be 6 weeks with 'back to normal' 3 months. I am 5 weeks at the moment. Functionally I am probably back to normal - but with a fair bit of discomfort in some area's/movements, loads of physio each day and often taped or being pin cushioned with acupuncture needles.

I am sure a week on icy pistes at Thredbo (and a few tumbles thrown in) did nothing to aide in the recovery - but it did boost my mood smile

Pan fried with a small amount (just enough, but not too much as to overpower the fish) of a lemon butter sauce - which was more lemon/less butter. On a bed of creamy mash potato (which I did not eat - can not afford the carbs), and a side salad in a light olive oil and vinegar dressing.

Bear in mind this a little suburban cafe on an old heritage shop built in the 40's ... quaint little place, but they really do decent food for a corner cafe. And they do PROPER coffee too - none of this burnt carp that they try and pass off as Barista made - lovely smooth coffee.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Pan fried with a small amount (just enough, but not too much as to overpower the fish) of a lemon butter sauce - which was more lemon/less butter. On a bed of creamy mash potato (which I did not eat - can not afford the carbs), and a side salad in a light olive oil and vinegar dressing.

Bear in mind this a little suburban cafe on an old heritage shop built in the 40's ... quaint little place, but they really do decent food for a corner cafe. And they do PROPER coffee too - none of this burnt carp that they try and pass off as Barista made - lovely smooth coffee.

what size was it. Was it a whole fish each or a fillet. I take it it's much like a garoupa, flakey.