• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italians taking a dive is suprising veryshocked NOT!

I just can't believe that in this day and age there aren't any vidoe ref's, especially in a game where a theatrical dive or bad call (often by the looks of things) can make such a big impact.

Aussie's Kewell got the red card treatment, maybe a penalty but a red card? Was that fair????

And what's there to celebrate with a draw? wakaranai

The World Cup....of Diving and Cheating......

It's hard not to get excited about the World Cup in the few weeks before it starts, and then thoroughly dissapointed in a sport that encourages cheating and getting away with whatever you can.

Are they ever going to sort this cr@p out ??

Yeah kewell was a deffo red card, standing on the line sticks his hand up to prevent the ball going in...red card. Cahill's red card should never have been a red card, he pulled right out the tackle and barely touched him

Kewells one looked more like shoulder-cum-upper arm. He didn't try to get out of the way, and there was little to no movement towards the ball, so I think it was well harsh to give a PK, never mind a red card. I have seen those be passed off as accidental. Clearly a PK with no card would have been the fairest outcome.

Sorry but I still find this WC frsutrating. Little excitement and lots of annoying things like the SA fans dancing around the stadium not even looking at the game and blowing their horns. Go do it in a disco. It needs to get going this week, now the must win games are starting.

Originally Posted By: bobby12
Kewells one looked more like shoulder-cum-upper arm..... Clearly a PK with no card would have been the fairest outcome.

I agree with the shoulder/chest- to upper arm.. damn I have seen the bloody replay at least 6000 times now and as the ball got closer it looks like he attempted to start to get out of the way.. Maybe if he was an amputee from the shoulder the ball could have avoided contact. razz

BOC, it's really hard for someone that's not already a soccer head to take the game seriously when we keep seeing these blatant dives and guys putting on the biggest fakes trying to pretend they've been hurt.. We know they are acting, but when the ref's pay it.....C'Mon how can anyone take it seriously confused

Indo, I don't reckon anyone's asking you to take it seriously or like it. I'm sure not. Personally I'd prefer people who don't like it to just leave it alone.

I hate baseball, but I don't bugger on into baseball threads on t'inta to moan about it!

Kewell. Clear red card. Clear sending off. Cost of being in the position he was in at that time. Sorry.

Simple as that really.