Found the lack of signs at Kamui difficult, particularly in near whiteout with only about 50 people in the entire resort. One sign was drawn by hand with a marker pen - it took 3 rides up the lift to find the exit from that valley.

Originally Posted By: blu
Found the lack of signs at Kamui difficult, particularly in near whiteout with only about 50 people in the entire resort. One sign was drawn by hand with a marker pen - it took 3 rides up the lift to find the exit from that valley.

Must have been on the back side.

I am in Tomamu at the moment and I love the resort, having done many of the smaller resorts this trip I have had an amazing holiday.

I do have to wonder however why are so many of the advertised attractions not available even though there is plenty of snow on the ground, for example I have been to three resorts that advertised hot air balooning, non are running this, I have been to two that advertised dog sledding, both finished for the season, I am also disapointed that the full day snow mobile trip I planned at Tomamu has also closed for the season.

I arrived on 22 Feb so its not like the season is over. Again, advertising features of a resort then you need to be up front about availability. Maybe advertise the periods these features and activities are available. I know coming to Tomamu had a lot to do with the advertised activities as was Sahoro and both let me down.

Hot air ballooning in Japan is bollocks anyway ASB. Their idea of ballooning is a balloon tethered to a rope that goes up only about 100 feet or so. And then back down. Ooooh it's just sooo exciting rolleyes

Still amazes me though whenever Japanese girls head up to those dizzying heights you can hear their squeals of kowai, kowai! Yeah, yeah it's just sooo scary.... wakaranai

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Hot air ballooning in Japan is bollocks anyway ASB. Their idea of ballooning is a balloon tethered to a rope that goes up only about 100 feet or so. And then back down. Ooooh it's just sooo exciting rolleyes
Still amazes me though whenever Japanese girls head up to those dizzying heights you can hear their squeals of kowai, kowai! Yeah, yeah it's just sooo scary.... wakaranai

lol
Originally Posted By: ausi ski bum
I am in Tomamu at the moment and I love the resort, having done many of the smaller resorts this trip I have had an amazing holiday.

I do have to wonder however why are so many of the advertised attractions not available even though there is plenty of snow on the ground, for example I have been to three resorts that advertised hot air balooning, non are running this, I have been to two that advertised dog sledding, both finished for the season, I am also disapointed that the full day snow mobile trip I planned at Tomamu has also closed for the season.

I arrived on 22 Feb so its not like the season is over. Again, advertising features of a resort then you need to be up front about availability. Maybe advertise the periods these features and activities are available. I know coming to Tomamu had a lot to do with the advertised activities as was Sahoro and both let me down.

Because the assclowns at Tomamu are even more inept than the Hirafu ones.