After some SJFers visited Niseko for the first time, they were so blown away that they vowed to come back for more. Only next time, on a tour of Hokkaido.

Given the destination and perhaps the time for Feb 2011, what would be a good itinerary for the SJFers tour? All suggestions welcomed for an enjoyable discussion.

Perhaps this would get off the ground if the timings and places are to people's liking.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doing that right now, I am visiting the major resorts of Furano, Tomamu and Sahoro, done Rusutsu and Niseko already. I am also visiting Sounyko and Abashiri and finding lots of smaller stops along the way. Hire a car and go exploring for three weeks.

Ski Bum has a good trip it sound like.

Niseko, Kiroro, Tiene, Furano, Tomamu.

There are a bunch of little areas around that are worth a visit. Niseko Moiwa and Chisenupuri if its been snowing is good.

I may be interested in hooking up with you guys from down south for a week or so. Have wheels so may be able to help with some of the transport or logistics.

We need to define dates really - GN, any chance we could crash at yours for a bit?

As Sapparo-providing customers unless Thursday buys the penthouse at the Vale?

I might be interested - I certainly want to check out Hokkaido and it would be fun. My problem would be not knowing dates until much much nearer the time. But I would be interested in joining up for at least part probably.

Originally Posted By: MikePow
I've skied:

Niseko, Moiwa, Chisenupuri
Rusutsu
Kiroro, Sapporo Kokusai
Mt Racey, Tomamu
Kamui, Kurodake, Asahidake

and would return to all of them

that would take a month biggrin
Originally Posted By: MikePow
I've skied:

Niseko, Moiwa, Chisenupuri, Rusutsu, Kiroro, Sapporo Kokusai
Mt Racey, Tomamu, Kamui, Kurodake, Asahidake

and would return to all of them

I havent been to Mt. Racey or Tomamu but would like to check those out.

Thursday, any of the above. Plus I would love to spend more time at Tokachidake but I think it would have to be Spring bc the time we spent up there it was virtually closed out daily by weather.
Originally Posted By: quattro
Originally Posted By: RobBright
And penthouse at the vale is 95,000,000 yen.

Pocket change for Thursday. lol

The guy who bought the 4 bedroom penthouse at The Vale (probably the most expensive apartment in the village) chose not to rent it out. Just keeping it for his own holidays.
Originally Posted By: quattro
Originally Posted By: RobBright
And penthouse at the vale is 95,000,000 yen.

Pocket change for Thursday. lol

I went :gulp: when the agent said from 115 million. Now 95? that sounds cheap lol

Who dya think I am? Richard Li?