My first was a crappy old green fiat ???????, followed by a slightly less crappy green Mini metro and then a nearly new rover GTI turbo 2000, now that was a nice car, and was good for a 150mph.

This is not including all the motorbikes I had!

ford transit converted campervan. piece of crap it was. bought it for 1100quid, paid 600quid on repairs that did nothing to fix the numerous problems, and sold it a year later for 2000 punds. not a bad result then.

First car was a Citroen ID19, 25mph per 1000rpm in top gear, redlined at 4500 rpm. Magic machine! adjustable suspension and all!

796px-1969_Citroen_ID_19.jpg

Then, Toyota Corolla 1200.

Now, Nissan Navara d/c ute

A 1979 Skoda. The engine was in the back and the boot was in the front. Great for filling up with car audio as there was a good sized space behind the back seats for subs and room under the back seats for amps.

skoda100l6.jpg

Mine was yellow but otherwise pretty similar to the one in the pic.

The first car that I was financially liable for was our 1954 FJ Holden (that Papa and I bought together when we were engaged) - long gone and a sad story of us prepaying for a full rebuild and the fellow going out of business blah blah.

FJ-sedan-54-special.jpg

I am NOT THAT OLD mind you - it was a 'classic' when we bought it. The drum brakes were an extra special treat!! doh

Originally Posted By: JA
First car was a Citroen ID19, 25mph per 1000rpm in top gear, redlined at 4500 rpm. Magic machine! adjustable suspension and all!

796px-1969_Citroen_ID_19.jpg

Then, Toyota Corolla 1200.

Now, Nissan Navara d/c ute

That is one classy piece of ash. I woul like to ride in one of those. The Bently suspension is still based on this Citroen.

Yeah, nice ride, only trouble was that the oil hose for the suspension went directly over the tiop of the battery. Had a short that melted the hose, result, lots of oil all over the battery = fire in the hole!

Las t I saw of it was on the back of a tilt tray covered in foam. angry

• 2 weeks later...

A green coloured 1969 Toyota Corolla 2-door Coupe past-down from a friend to my Sister, then from her to me, then from me to my Brother, then from him to his son, then from his son to a friend, then into a crusher!

Estimated it lasted for about 25+ years with only one engine rebuild. Damn solid little car with no complicated garbage under the bonnet.