75 years since the poms won a Grand slam. Can he do it? What a challenge. What a fairy tail if he pulls it off. Go the pommy !!

Yes TB, we all know he's from the north side of the great wall of Scotland. wink

i feel sorry for any british sportsman (or woman.. sportsperson..?). they invariably have the expectant weight of the entire nation on their shoulders. like poor old 'tiger' tim henman, or wobblehead paula radcliffe

good luck to the bloke though

Originally Posted By: thursday
He's a Scot until the next slam final. If he gets one.

when he gets one!!!

Was disappointed to come back from snowboarding to hear he'd lost, but not all that surprised! Glorious failure is Scotland's way!!

GG "Igirisu" my ass!!! wink
Originally Posted By: -20.7
But it is igirisu, right?

not really. "Igirisu" is the bastardisation in Japanese of "English" that,over time has come to mean United Kingdom. Since England is only 1 part of the UK, I often correct Japanese who will say this. If people knew that UK/Britain does not equal England then I wouldn't have too. I have no problem being a part of Britain

So let me see if I got this right. If I were a football player from Scotland at an international event it would go something like this.

If I competed at the Commonwealth Games, I'd represent Scotland.

If I competed at the Olympics, I'd represent Great Britain.

To travel to either venue, I'd use my United Kingdom passport.

confused