Yesterday was one of those brilliant blue sky days again. Originally I wasn't planning on driving up there but with the skies so clear I thought it felt like a Naeba day so that's where I went.

The snow was good, a bit crusty in places but up top there was lots of fluffy stuff to play in. The resort wasn't busy at all the days of waiting at lifts on a weekday at Naeba are truly over...didn't even need to wait for the gondolas - just walked on.

Anyway, here's how it looked.

muikabochi_2289.JPG

muikabochi_2306.JPG

muikabochi_2304.JPG

muikabochi_2303.JPG

muikabochi_2302.JPG

muikabochi_2301.JPG

muikabochi_2300.JPG

muikabochi_2299.JPG

muikabochi_2298.JPG

muikabochi_2297.JPG

muikabochi_2296.JPG

muikabochi_2295.JPG

Yes lots of lines to be had. Good day.

Naeba still seems to get stuck with the "it's really busy" stick. It may well be on a weekend but take a look at what it's like on a beautiful Wednesday in January.

lol

Ya goose Rob! slap

Although if it were me I would be pretty happy...I think any one of us would be pretty happy to be out there in that rather than drooling over it in front of a computer screen!

That is a really great day in Naeba.

Talking about being at the right place at the right time... That's rare!

wow.. good ol' days for me. Can't get over that there are So many buildings there now.

nice pics again....

Passed through Yuzawa yesterday evening. Not many lights on in those condominiums.

Lots of night skiing areas with good vertical.

Was looking out for phone boxes as well!

Don't know! Haven't been for so long.

I know a few bars that were open are now closed. Snodeck in Naeba is no more and that 'international' bar in Yuzawa is now more amongst others.

There's a fair few restaurants and izakayas on the main onsen road though. Oh yes, and karaoke.