• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, i can see that it seems like a long time. but when we were planning the trip we could do 2 or so weeks hitting a bunch of different places, or 4-5 weeks somewhere for a similar amount of money.

we took a bit of punt that we'd like myoko and arranged some cheap accom, rode around for a few days to check we liked it and plumped down for a season pass.

between the resorts there's a ton of terrain, lots of off piste to explore. i think we'll only just be getting a handle on the best off piste runs by the time we leave. i really like riding trees and some of the runs here are as fun as anything i've ridden

i do know what you mean though, it seems crazy to stay put in just one place for a while. if i was living in japan i'd rather ride around at a bunch of different places.

i guess the other thing is we've had a hectic year and just want to chill out somewhere quiet. we've got a few little projects we're working on too, so that fills the time

• 11 months later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

Thanks, have now put it online.

We should perhaps mention (or 'go on about' or 'bang on about') posting Resort Reviews more than we do. wink

If you don't already know, you can post reviews of places you have been to - and these obviously help other people only just finding out about places in Japan. Many more people get to see those Reviews than trip reports posted on the Forums (so feel free to similar text in a Resort Review).

So please if you have been somewhere post a review if you can:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/voice/review.php

Especially if you have won a lift ticket on this site and go to a resort for free - taking the time to post a review is much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

10/10 for pics and commentary, now to get me your accommodation. Is it easy enough to get to using trains and shuttle buses because i know shiga is a gigantic pain in the nuts without a car smile

It's not actually part of the "Shiga Kogen" you know.

It's Kita Shiga, to the, er, north.

It's closer to Nozawa and kind of behind Kijimadaira.

About 10 minute drive from Yudanaka.

There's a bus from Nagano St.

i always thought that was part of shiga! You learn something new! Well, by you i obviously mean me smile

Nice to see theres a bus. Makes the whole crashing at the net cafe next to the train station all week a solid plan and not in fact the mad deluded ramblings of an idiot. Not that theyre necessarily oxymoronic smile

Definitely one I'd like to check out. Probably still be a year or two though.

Just for basic beta, are there any wind disruptions there? How easy is to lap the ropeway thing? Does it run with the same frequency midweek?

I can imagine the occasional wind disruption because it is a very high exposed mountain. The ropeway is massive though and I think it would take a lot to stop it. The top and bottom section are both quite protected. The middle section is insanely steep. One of the longest steep runs I've seen around these parts. I've actually just won a ticket from one of the giveaways so hoping to get back up there soon.

The ropeway is easy to lap. I think one leaves every 15 mins. The trip up is about 8 mins so you have 7 mins to make it back down. No comment about mid-week frequency...

A little trivia fact is that it's the largest ropeway in Japan! Max capacity 166 people!