• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Chriselle...watch the hockey game???? USA! USA! USA!

Haven't watched it yet but I listened live. Team USA is young, fast and hungry which makes them very dangerous. Team Canada on the other hand is complacent, arrogant, led and coached by idiots. There are a handful of Canadian players that should not be there...I just don't get it.
Miller was hot and Brodeur was...umm....NOT. The Canadians won't make it past the Russians.

Good win for the US. All in all the US winning in hockey is a good thing.

Canada didn't look THAT bad. They dominated in the 2nd period, I'd say, but definitely not in the 3rd. The last half of the game they were short handed a lot. Anyway, yeah, if they can't handle the speed of the American forwards, they'll have a really hard to time against the Russians!

Originally Posted By: Chriselle
OK just watched the game...wife recorded it. USA didn't deserve that win. They did not carry much of the play and most of their offence was dump and chase. It was a Miller win.

So, score line? As I read it, the USA scored more goals = a win! If in doubt as to who won, read the papers next morning.
OK just watched the game...wife recorded it. USA didn't deserve that win. They did not carry much of the play and most of their offence was dump and chase. It was a Miller win.

I hate to say it but after watching hockey every minute of every hour for the 90's I am so disappointed in the twirl and twist style of today. Nobody will ever touch the likes of Roy, Gretzkey, Federov, Sakic, Forsberg, Brodeur, etc.
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

I hate to say it but after watching hockey every minute of every hour for the 90's I am so disappointed in the twirl and twist style of today. Nobody will ever touch the likes of Roy, Gretzkey, Federov, Sakic, Forsberg, Brodeur, etc.

I agree. The '87 Canada cup with Gretzky, Lemieux, Coffey, and Fuhr was the greatest hockey in history and will never be repeated. The Russians weren't in the league yet and the players played for the love of the game not the $$..I imagine you were too young MitchPee.