British Airways - STRIKE, STRIKE, STRIKE

jeez as spending 320,000 on a plane ticket, in my opinion is crazy.

Most have ever paid was 160,000yen but each to their own. Got to pay my servants you see and my company doesn't pay for my flights except at end of contract.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when you tell Japanese people that, why do they almost ALWAYS ask "return?". They know I'm coming back. Am I likely to buy a one-way ticket? confused

Originally Posted By: scouser
And when you tell Japanese people that, why do they almost ALWAYS ask "return?". They know I'm coming back. Am I likely to buy a one-way ticket? confused

Yeah weird that. And tons of people ask it.
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Oops no offence meant to your wife, Rob! ashamed

Ba-doom-tish. But think you may have been the first person on here to make a joke like that. wink

I think one year I paid about 260,000 yen for a the trip.

Exchange rates were very different then of course!

Most I ever paid for economy was just over 300,000 for a one-wayer. That was full fare economy though. I got the receipt, handed it over to the local board of education where I was filling in for a JETer, got the cash, and cancelled the ticket for no charge.

Most I paid for an actual return was 180,000 when my brother got married. It was August though. When it was just to see my folks, I would always avoid going when it was expensive, so all I can remember are prices at offpeak times.

Four business tickets now would be nearly 1.3 million yen! If we were going to spend that, I'd rather have a new building.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Elaborate please.

Does any airline "let you change the names on the tickets"?

As mentioned, wife can't come next week to the UK, so thought we would sell the ticket to my friend who is leaving in September.

Asked BA, and they came out with the most obscure answer "It can't be done as the person travelling instead might be a terrorist". Straight up.

Had to laugh. Wanted to make some witty retort but thought the better of it, as they might cancel my ticket then.

Off next Thursday for 2 weeks. Been 2 yrs since have been pick and starting to, shock horror, miss family, friends and food.

Cool. I will look forward to your reports. Please include some pies.

Having said that, where abouts you going? South doesn't do pies that well. wink