• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I havent bought any yet and Papa is on a flight to Tokyo in 2 days!!! umah! Bad wife. Bad bad wife.

Don't get him too much MB, he'll only waste it all on booze and chicks! razz

been reading these AUD forecasts from St George Bank on and off for the past few months. for what it's worth they are predicting the aussie dollar to continue to get stronger against the yen.

they know more than me, so i'm happy to go along with their opinion, although someone on here who works in finance may have a different idea

http://www.stgeorge.com.au/corporate-business/report-centre/aussie-dollar-outlook.asp

ASB

Mate where did you get your JPY from ?

Local banks don't have any and the money changes are at JPY 79.66.

Just paid of the remainder of Accom though and was a few hundred better off.

I use both Travelex and Westpac bank, Travelex online allows you to nominate a store to pick up the cash from including the airport and Westpac takes about a week to get the cash in, remembering I live in Country NSW.

Travelex do not have fee's but their rate is slightly lower, Westpac charges $8 but has a better rate so if your buying more than AU$800 you are generally better off.

In Japan travelers cheques are a total waste of time, its a cash cash cash economy so I cary and use mostly cash.

Originally Posted By: Ziggy
Okies; ta for the heads-up.

So for foreigners it's ATMs at Post Offices? (acc to Lonely Planet). And that's a trip to Kutchan if staying in Niseko?

There is now an international ATM in Hirafu Village located in the Yama Shizen East building. Don't have to go down to Kutchan anymore.
Originally Posted By: Gtrain
Ziggy...are you getting excited yet?

Ooooh yeah :-}

Tuning the ski kit; Buff on order; wondering when to take the currency exchange plunge. 3 months to wait ... arrrrgh!

My mate took travellers checks last year and he has been to Japan before. I told him not to bother. It was a major pain the ass and he got absolutely slugged in fees/rates for some reason I can't remember.

Don't forget the 711 in Kutchan is also another place for international cards.

I am about 96 years old, have been travelling for more than 75 years, and I have never ever used or even thought of travellers cheques. Just what AMEX thought up to tie in your cash so they get a cut whether you spend it or not.

Originally Posted By: Gtrain
Ziggy...are you getting excited yet?

... Buff on order....

YAY! I am not the only one who orders BUFFS. thumbsup
I used one today as a headband/hairband to absorb the sweat from a workout and keep my hair off my face.

It was your posts that put me onto them Mamabear. Muchos gracias kiss

I'd been looking for years for a neck warmer with Windstopper for cold days on the motorbike; the plain fleece ones are too thick and leak cold air. So the Cyclone Buff is just perfect for the upcoming ski trip as well as the bike.

It was your posts that put me onto them Mamabear. Muchos gracias kiss

I'd been looking for years for a neck warmer with Windstopper for cold days on the motorbike; the plain fleece ones are too thick and leak cold air. So the Cyclone Buff is just perfect for the upcoming ski trip as well as the bike.

groovy
Wonder if Buff will consider sending me a couple of freebies for doing their promotions for them! wink I just reckon they're great.