Originally Posted By: DumbStick
You see, that confuses me.

Is it not a simple case of 'Sony being more expensive'?

If they use the same kind of memory, the same graphics card, the same processor - ie. the same specs.... what else is there that will make it a 'depends on the parts'??

confused

Depends on who manufactures the parts - they might be the same part ie listed both as DDR2, or 1TB hdd, but would rather take some seagate hdd over a no name brand. For example, memory should be looking at corsair or kingston brands. no name brands may be cheaper, but they carry a lot of risk with them.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question is causing problems. Perhaps I can be clearer, or someone could just give me a simple answer.

If they use the same kind of memory, the same graphics card, the same processor - ie. the same specs, ie. made by the same people in the same factory on the same day on the same shift, etc.

Then dell should be cheaper, as one of the world's biggest, if not the biggest, sellers of pc's, they are able to buy parts cheaper, thus in turn offering discounts to customers.

But be weary of buying one with a Japanese o/s of vista, numerous friends who have owned one, have all made the same point of it being difficult, or nigh on impossible, to get the English language packs for it.

I'm not sure if it is always that way but if you buy it is definitely work a call. They might also give you a special deal and ask you to pay BY TOMORROW or something like that.

I'm sure people can make them a fair bit cheaper themselves. However, I will happily pay Dell or whoever to put my computers together for me and send it in a nice box. The idea of spending time constructing one myself is unappealing at best.

It takes two hours tops.

Have assembled 6 in the last year - and quickest I have done it in is 30mins.

The first time is the most daunting but the manuals nowadays are so clear and precise it's difficult if not impossible to cock up if you follow them.

Rob - why is it that you seem incapable of simply accepting that some people are, unlike yourself, not knowledgeable about this kind of thing and would not have a clue how to start doing this?

wakaranai

How long would it take you to do a filling in someones gob?

It takes my dentist about 10 minutes.

Hey, g-g

It's not really something to do about knowledge as most people assume assembling computers are - It's rather like Lego. If you were a kid who has built plastic model planes and that and thought it was too finicky with too many parts, well, this is not.

Most people don't have any idea why or how a computer works but they still use it and assembling one is just an extension of that. And you get more of what you like - Unless you want a super-duper Mac.

As to get a clue on how to start doing it ... ever heard of google search? wink

my suggestion - don't skimp on cheap box with shitty power supply