Nothing cos I just sold them! Hmmm I see what you mean about being centre mounted. How does that affect powder skiing? Having more tail would mean less tips thus less float? But I guess thats where the fat comes in to play. I guess it doesnt really matter if they dont like tight bumps because neither do I!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride on 180cm...

might move to a fattier ski for next season...but that depends on funds...

welcome back zwelgy...how was sri lanka???

danz

You ride big boards jared.

Height: 188cm

Weight: approx 80kg

I ride a 160 in the pipe and park and a 168 on deep powder days. The 168 with bindings set back takes a while to get used to in the trees but once you get used to it you have so much float and you just on the tail while you mates on 150 somethings just get bogged and have to push out of the pow in the flat spots. It pays to have a long board!

Yeah, twin tips are the go. Those Pocket Rockets are a PHAT lookin` ski. But a friend of mines` wife has a pair and she reckons they aren`t much chop on the groomers. Suppose it depends on what you`re doing... for an all-round mountain ski I don`t think you can fault the 1080.They go sound in the POW once you get used to `em (obviously not as good as the wider skis) and you can throw them round easily wherever else you go on the mountain too.

If the pows good then I reccon any ski at all should be ok - if the pows kinda heavy or sticky though fat skis make it alot more fun. I also find them good for plowing through chopped up heavy snow.

I rate twins for everything (much better on groomers than my old bandits) - the narrower ones like my candides arnt so good for heavy pow but my wifes powairs are a bit wider (and shes alot lighter) so she finds them good in the pow too.

The new bandits have more sidecut though so should be better than my old ones.

OU - the new 1080s are pretty fat 80mm under foot, arent they?

Yeah Ou the pocket rockets arent to good on the groomed. My lady is light and she cant put much presure into a turn. They can carve though if you do it right. The new 1080s are a mid fat almost. I debated about buying them for the wife instead of the pocket rockets. They are a good choice for women, light and fattish. Zwellie how tall are you.

Dont worry about the center mount in powder Zwellie it will take 3 to 5 runs and you will find your balance.

OU you know you deserve a pair of LBFs or pocket rockets you earned it.

Once you go fat you wont go back.

The 1080s are much the same design as the Xscream series without the damping or built in binding.

They are a pair that I had for 3 years and just lost their snap. Fischer...uhhh.. something? Damn Ive forgotten. Totally UN-fat, just a carving ski really. I guess Im lucky Im not too heavy or I would have sunk something wicked in the pow. Just suffered serious lack of money at the beginning of the season so nothing around when I had the money to spend. Ah well.

Right now skiing on 195cm K2 AK Launchers for teleskiing. Looked at my alpine boards this last weekend and they are old school Rossi Vipers, 201cm, edge pulling out, many core shots - they stayed in the closet. If I could get any setup it would have to be the Atomic R.EX or Atomic TM.EX for teleskiing. Either one would rock. Maybe a little Rossi Bandit XXX in there as well. Ebay maybe.......

Well Ruapehu is closest to my house in Wellington (ie not very close at all) so will do some trips up there, esp as thats where my mates are more likely to go, but am planning on heading down south for a while too. I was looking at some avalance courses at the Remarkables and thinking about checking out Treble Cone and maybe some club fields. Depends on how the season pans out as Ill be there from the end of Aug and it also depends on who I can get to go with me. Solo for too long gets tiring after a while.

Yeah, the new 1080s have a 114 side cut, which is substantial eh. But this season I was riding on the models from three years ago (the blue ones,177) which are skinner than that.But towards the end of the season I discovered the pleasures of greasing rails and the soothing sound it makes on the bases of my skis so I`m probably up for some new skis.I wanna get an all-round ski, sumthin` you don`t have to change with your riding for the day.The AK Launcher or Enemy how are they?Also be interesting to see what J.F., Tanner and co put out at Armada. Heard any reports?

Yeah, probably a good call. I`m tippin` the scales over 90 these days and 187cms. Probably could do with sumthin` at least a bit longer. What`d Tats think of those AK Enemys and what length was that bandit riding?You could buy those Armadas over the `net. But I wanted to have a look at their software and it was all sold out dunno `bout their hardwear (skis)

radius on this years 171 1080s are 16. radius is different from tip width. got to run Im sure we will debate this this summer research it up and I will help you if you want. The water jump season is coming.

There is nothing at all for sale on the armarda site they say its all sold - clothes - skis - hats - the lot!!

Zelwin - If you gonna be skiing in the NI then I would develop a love for the park if I was you - I was in wellington too my last year in NZ and Turoa had a nice park. Keep your eyes out for freeski camps over weekends in september with Josh Loubek and other pros, they are heaps of fun!

my friends and I had such bad experiences with K2s that I just wont go back that to them. The skis look good though and Im sure that they are better. Aramda are very small still so they wont be able to make enough for a year or 2 thats my thinking. New company It took line years to get where they are now. Aramada is only monthes old still. Ou do you know any places with reviews on them yet.

I wish I could have given you a chance on the lbfs but our feet are too damm different.

I think you need good bindings those tweaked mute falls are just fu ked, your gonna hurt yourself now that Ive seen one.

Yeah, I`ve heard bad things about K2s too. Then there are people who swear by `em(probably the minority?)

Teleskier-had any probs w/yours?

Gotta get new bindings too those Look P10s don`t cut it.Doing a mute and falling off,you`re kidding...