Yeah, I tried looking at K2s new public enemy on their website but its` not there.Even though Pep Fujas and the factory team have been riding them this season as well as our buddha priest buddy!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty hard to find a good comparitive review on the internet - especially the ones where readers do the reviewing, everyone either goes on about how good their gear is cos they want to believe they have the best or they have had a problem so just want to run the product down. Most of the ratings are either 1/5 or 5/5.

c.f outdoorreview.com and newschoolers.com

Nagano is a long was south of here like 7-8ish hours - hopefully Ill make a trip down there next year, but for the money I could go to Hokkaido, tough choice.

As OU said it would have been good to hook up with yeah. I knew where you lived round about though from other posts. I would love to live up there but the wife has got to work. She pulls her share. I take the reviews with a grain of salt. Its nice to get all the specs side by side though. So jared whats your bread and butter trick.

Bread and butter trick?

3 wrongside tail grab.

why? Because I naturally spin right arm back but I also grab with my right hand so tail grab was easiest. It's not easy to mute grab with the same hand that should be leading.

I just started spinning unnatural which made mute grabs 1000x easier. cant do them without thinking yet though.

Made a little movie with the little clips I collected with my digital camera - mostly my wife adn friends skiing (cos I usually carry it and do the photot taking) but there are a few of me on a little table one day in April.

littlemovie

warning: its not a little movie its 8 megs.

Sorry little busy today. Not a bad little vid I downloaded it in under a minute you must have a fast server. One thing tohoku lacks is quailty maintained jumps. Althogh my 360 mutes arent up to par I got so hooked on landing switch this year. I think by the end of the year I landed 35% of the time switch. Pulled 3 50+ footers this year, Im happy with that. IF your around next year We the wife and I will do are best to get up to the tohoku areas. Hachimantai seems like my kind of place.

I dont know why people think K2 has a bad rep but for Pow Ive got some 181cm AK Launchers which I love. Tips are a bit soft but I actually like it cuz maybe Im still a s$$t skier, eh? For park and pipe some 174cm (I think) Enemys. Wish I had gotten the AK enemys just cuz I love ta ski fakie but the price of my Launchers was just too sick to pass up.

Rode some Seth Pistols 188 and liked em. Great in pow and the gerrand.

What are the probs with the skis? Do they turn to crap quickly, bad material, what? Any info would be good cuz I wanna get some 188 for this season. Need something that long off the peak.

Fattwins

My page/movies etc are just on the space I get free with my isp, Asahi net. I think I have gone over my limit so ill have to pay 180en or so, its pretty cheap.

Your right about the lack of a quality park - at geto at least. One table which was usually not worth hitting cos it was too short for most of the year, and no rails (well a 1m long one which doesnt count) But things are looking up as the ppl that own Appi bought Geto this year and the rumor is that we'll have a pipe to play in next year (and hopefully a park too)

We'll be around for the next 2 winters at least so your more than welcome to crash here.

Ender

all the clips are from my still digii cam, now I really want a video camera (more things to spend money on) but if im gonna do something I want to do it properly and get a 3CCD one. Hope they are cheaper by Nov/dec.

Used moviemaker that comes as part of WinXP but now have Adobe premiare so next seasons vid will be 1000x better. (esp now that we know we are trying to make one so will get much more footage.)

Mr Passion

I am hoping that the seth pistols wont delam (around the tips/tails anyway) due to the large steel rivits holding them together. Havent had them long enough to say if they fall to bits but there was plenty of warranty paper stuff that come with the skis and a full tune incl shipping for 4000en so if they did go bad you might get some new ones. Try asking around the sethpistol.com forum for info (most users are probly biased toward the ski and K2 though)

Quote:
Originally posted by OUfreeski2:
Nice little vid w/a rockin` soundtrack/song. Fattwins has been telling since the end of last season he`s gonna put a vid together. Maybe this is the inspiration he needs...
The inspiration I need is a new PC.

With the K2s I had big probs long ago. I have gone for light skis in recent years. The regular enemy is still a good ski and I would have bought it except for the fact that I got a great deal on a pair of 1080s 2years ago. The knock on K2 these days is that they are a bit on the heavy side.

My Japanese friend said the ak enemies just didnt cut it in the park. On the other hand he said they were great in the pow. For light short skiers they were too long for the park.

Im set up at least until next year Ive got 4 skis now and thats enough.
Little big fats 179
1080s blue 177
Volkl Vs 168 black
Xscreams 177 yellow (too short but good for my friends) (they were too cheap. less than 3man with rocking bindings)

The wife
Safire 150
pocket rockets 165

New dynastar skis

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3608720434&category=26349

Rossi

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3609123943&category=21245

salomon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=21246

This stuff is all ebay which isnt that good away to checkout the gear. Oh well Not much out there as the ski season is over.

Mostly Geto and Geto BC 75%ish and about 25%ish Hakkoda. If I knew I was going to try and make something out of it I would have taken so much more footage. Bring on next season.

Speaking of video check solidpowder.com if you havent already. You can download it in videodisk format and burn it so it plays in your dvd player and part 2 is on the way.