• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fatter is better? finally the wrold will appreciate me for who I am.

h 160 cm

w 102kgs

really though waist is 95mm on the seth pistols which are 189cm long.

h 180ish

w 80ish

What to buy indeed. Ive done loads of research with the result of being completely and utterly confused. However this season I think something was trying to tell me to get bandits eg. Id get on the lift and the dude next to me has them on, come back from the loo and propped up next to my rides were bandits, mate buys a new pair of skis - guess what they were. Dunno though, will have to see and sort out the mess in my head before I commit the dosh.

Zwellie go with twintips. If you want to jump you can, can rip powder and they go ok on the groomed.

Mid fats are ok but they dont do as much in Powder as Fatties do.

Pocket rockets

Little big fats

Sugar daddies

etc

My main problem with getting fats is that I dont know how much powder Im really going to get anymore, well at least the ratio is going to be waaaaay different to what Ive had in these last 3 years. Im kind of leaning to a more all mtn ski, something that can still handle the piste which from what Ive read fatties have a lot more of a hard time doing. As for twin tips, I really cant see myself doing any switch jumps in the near future (gotta spend some time with you Kanasi peeps and Barok I reckon ;\) )

watch those fingers. I picked my skis cause they werent the fattest skis. The ski can go through everthing except it doesnt like tight bumps. The thing about twin tips is that they are a little more center mounted. you get more tail and it makes jumping easier, you have more ski to land on. you dont have to land backwards to enjoy the balance in the air.

What are you sking on now.