Actress 'Noripee' - drug possession

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We see that with alcohol abuse ... Better to keep any weapons away whilst drinking...

including football.

Yeah, intravenous delivery method is hard core! Imagine shooting up vodka or caffaine up your arm!

How you take your drugs is another issue.

TB and Ma'bear said it in a nutshell.

It is your right to be able to grow cannabis, poppy, tobacco in your backyard.

Brew your own alcohol.

Originally Posted By: thursday
perhaps the drugs are banned because they screw up your mind in a way that you'd imagine you were being attacked and would randomly shoot passers by.

I'm not disputing that drugs mess with your mind, but as it stands no one is winning. Drugs are banned and still millions take them, their minds are still messed up, criminals are still racking up huge profits. I'm only suggesting an alternative policy to replace an ineffective policy.

the only liberation would be from the criminals, if you think that its not already easy to get a hold of in most countries then you've your head in the sand. t's already accessible, that cat is well and truly out of the bag. This would be more like damage limitation, to exert some control over what is already out of control

Alcohol is dangerous, the Americans banned it, it didn't stop people drinking so they legalised it again to at least have some control over its trade and consumption. I don't think we should allow the free market to have its wiced way with hard drugs as was allowed to happen with alcohol and tobacco (with advertising, market targeting and free to buy)

maybe its a tad different in Japan, although living near to Tokyo I'm pretty sure if I wanted to I'd get my hands on some pretty quick. But any western country has a problem with drug abuse. Kids are experimenting younger and younger and thats with the stuff banned. South and Central America is awash with drugs also, hence some of their now progressive approaches to drug control

I agree TB

It's just aimed to put money into the law enforcement industry and hence money to the weapons industry. Like terrorism is a great excuse to get into people's personal lives by surveillance. "Trust us, we are doing this to protect you"

Wish they use the money wisely and put it into food and drug education.

Using thursday's line of speech, more tax money is wasted on people's obesity.

People don't know how to eat right, and I can say peolple don't know how to take the right drugs more or less the harmless way.

Alcohol. You comparing that with crack, coke, heroin? Not even on the same planet.

More people die of alcohol abuse than any of the drugs you have mentioned Thurs. There is more anti-social incidents involving alcohol than any of the above mentioned drugs. Again, I'm not advocating these type of drugs to be available willy nilly like alcohol is, but you can legalise drugs and still keep control. Perhaps by prescription only, registered addicts on a course that will wean them off slowly and consistently. I don't knw, but what I do know is that outright banning of these substances has not stopped people from using them

Reading books such as The Candy Machine: How Cocaine Took Over the World and the Shock Doctrine, have opened my eyes a little bit to what underlies these problems. Jynxx, you are right in suggesting that its Governments who exploit this for their own Political gain, often at the expense not only of the drug producing country's people, but also their own
Quote:
There is more anti-social incidents involving alcohol than any of the above mentioned drugs.

Surely, but surely, that is only in terms of numbers.
The fact is, alcohol is so much more widely used.
How about a %. I bet that changes things considerably.

Tell you what, I want nowt to do with drug taking losers/scumbags.
Because that's what they invariably are.

(I don't counmt my Mr Kipling cake of course).
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Quote:
There is more anti-social incidents involving alcohol than any of the above mentioned drugs.

Surely, but surely, that is only in terms of numbers.
The fact is, alcohol is so much more widely used.
How about a %. I bet that changes things considerably.

Tell you what, I want nowt to do with drug taking losers/scumbags.
Because that's what they invariably are.

(I don't counmt my Mr Kipling cake of course).

True, there are many more people who consume alcohol than use drugs and as a result there will be a higher incidence through sheer numbers, I don't dispute that. I obviously don't know the exact figures but I'd bet you'd be surprised. When talking about hard drugs, people inevitably come up with the big 4, ecstacy, cocaine, heroin and crack. Of course crack is a derivative of cocaine, but is a totally different animal. Taking cocaine for a start, most users of cocaine are functional addicts, meaning that they can hold down a job, pay rent, taxes and generally get on with their life without much disruption (in anti-social terms). Heroin and Crack addicts are the type who are associated with "Junkie Crime", robbing, stealing, prostituting for money to get their fix. These are the ones that I would guess would contribute to the drug-fuelled anti-social incidences. Just taking the UK as an example, there are very few crack cocaine users in the UK, it hasn't really taken off although Police have seen a rise in recent years. There is a growing Heroin population which has seen a rise in associated crimes, but overwhelmingly, most drug users in the UK will be using only E and Cocaine. This group don't get caught up in the crime associated with drug use. Crack isn't such a problem and there are relatively few users so that leaves Heroin. So while in terms of Heroin addicts and crime, the % may be large, taking all of the big 4 as a whole, the % of user who commit crimes would actually be quite small.

Your view about "All drug users being scum" is pretty narrow minded IMO. I know people back home, some of whom are very good friends who use Cocaine and E regularly and they are very good people. I'm not advocating getting on drugs, I don't use them myself, I'm agreeing that something needs to be done to curtail the crime and anti-social problems that come with continued drug abuse, but that the current policy of total prohibition has not worked and perhaps its time we tried a differnt, more progressive method of drug control
Ahem, I just heard that it is illegal to kill whales, but whale killing is still happening. Maybe it should be legalised so that whale killers get out of the trade as it would not be profitable for them anymore.

facetious post alert!!

Whale killing does not have the same associated anti-social problems that illegal drugs have and so doesn't fall into the same category. I'm sure you'll agree that the world is not black and white Thurs, but many shades in between