I know it's early yet, but nothing like looking ahead and getting excited about something in the near future.

I am looking forward to getting some new gear and hitting the slopes at least 20 times.

doing some research now its cheaper to go down to tokyo and fly/bus/hotel/ski at niseko in one big package than to go there from here and drive/train/scab accomidation at a friends and ski. insane

going to Hakkoda for new years vacation

knowing the good spots right from the start of the season.

Using my barely skied new skis

another big year in nippon!

hopefully, if my wallet permits, a new pair of boots...and maybe if I win the lotto, some fat powpow skiis...

and of course, another trip to niseko!

hope to hook up with some more of you sj riders too!

danz

i got my 10.20:s off the web from a japanese store w/bindings for 30000yen...including shipping...so that is my cap if I am going to get a new pair of planks...

i am worried that boots are gonna hurt my finances big time

danz

i am on 26.5 head world cups now...but those are still a racing fit, and i need to move up...i think i will be in a 27 or 27.5 with new boot...

salomon:s are no good for my feet...i have a very narrow flat foot...

from memory I think Lang is pretty narrow as are rossignol. Salomon and nordica are somewhere in between and dolimite are wide. just what I heard though might be wrong - my nordicas are mid/wide and the langs I have tried are too narrow.

i have tried on boots from every maker, and none of them really fit my foot well...head was the closest, and even then i had to get massive work done to make it bareable...

i hate my feet

danz

boots are actually in pretty good shape...liner holds up really well, but its just too stiff fot the kind of riding I want to do...and the tight fit makes hiking and drops a bit painful...and forget about the park...not that i would know what to do in one, but I want to learn...

I have really been thinking about going custom...but not sure how to go about it...and not really psyched about buying boots in japan...

danz

Go with a good pair of freeride boots. I myself would like a tad softer boot for the park but I will make due for a while. Custom boots eh... I you get fitted at a good shop they will customize your boots and thats pretty full on. Unless you have feet like me then you should have an esay time setting yourself up. I got triple E width and then some.

anybody riding those raicle flexon boots or whatever there called? Think last years color was black and the year before was yellow? Seem like a good soft boot. I got some Lange Banshees last season and theyre nice boots, but just too hard and heavy for all the hiking.

The raicle flexon are now the knissel. Road a pair 5 years ago by far the best boots I ever owned... but the buckles break so buy spares. Broke mine about three times. The liner tends to go to crap fast. Landing jumps is a piece of piss in those babies they flex perfect. But presure and the but flexs slowly. Good but beware.

i think i'm going to get a pair of flow bindings. zwelgy- too bad you wont be able to appreciate my fast prep time " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" /> " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />