Amazon postage times in different countries

If I order something that is in stock on amazon jp, it usually gets sent out the next day and I receive it the day after. That's free, anything over 1500 yen.

Been ordering a few things here in the UK, to be sent to my UK address. My, how different the service is. The Super Saver or whatever they call it is the service that gives you the free postage. I think it has to be over 25 quid or something. Anyway, it takes about a week!!

How about other places? How quick is the delivery on things in stock with the free postage option?

Thing is, if it is something like CDs and DVDs and games, it's usually well cheaper than in the shops. Having said that HMV often have some really cheap things going on as well as the rip off prices. To get you in there I suppose but the pricing is all over the place.

dont complain - at least you have a local Amazon in both locations!!

When I order from Amazon it has to get sent internationally, and the product range of what they will post oversea's is severely restricted. Even using friends to repackage and resend items we have had postal services intervene and return to sender.

Frustrating!

There's no amazon.oz?

I wonder what they do for packages that are not sent out with the express. They often get sent fairly quickly, it just takes an age for them to arrive. Got to wonder if they don't just leave them for a day or two. Would really be interested to know how that all works.

Sure is.

I notice that more and more when I'm here.

The tables not being cleared in high cost coffee bars and stuff like that just pisses me off big time here. And the attitude you get when you ask them to clear a table as well. Embarrassing when you have a Japanese person with you, it really is.

What is this "free" option of which you speak??

As Mama says, EVERYTHING from Amazon has to be international ex USA, that means a week to get packed and through the exit procedures in the good ole yew ess of aye, then a couple of weeks on a slow boat via Honduras and the Arctic, and then AusPost hang on until they cannot possibly hold any more and release the lot.

The whole process takes anything from 3 weeks up to 12 weeks. Amazon site email below ...

Quote:
You have chosen to ship your order via Standard shipping. The delivery estimate for this method to your address is 20 to 44 business days after shipping. The actual delivery time for the tem(s) in your order will depend on the shipping policies of XYZbooks and when the item(s) are available to ship.
Originally Posted By: JA
What is this "free" option of which you speak??

As Mama says, EVERYTHING from Amazon has to be international ex USA, that means a week to get packed and through the exit procedures in the good ole yew ess of aye, then a couple of weeks on a slow boat via Honduras and the Arctic, and then AusPost hang on until they cannot possibly hold any more and release the lot.

The whole process takes anything from 3 weeks up to 12 weeks. Amazon site email below ...

Quote:
You have chosen to ship your order via Standard shipping. The delivery estimate for this method to your address is 20 to 44 business days after shipping. The actual delivery time for the tem(s) in your order will depend on the shipping policies of XYZbooks and when the item(s) are available to ship.

Is Australia on planet earth?!

sometimes we think not.

In fact, Perth could be considered to be on another further out planet to the rest of Australia too, our stores still open Mon - Sat 9-5, and Thursday until 9pm, with a few exceptions.

I think amazon used to be even quicker than they currently are in Japan. Or at least with their stated times. Use it a lot and both the US and UK ones too - usually take about a week to get to Japan after being sent out.

I knew that! That's why I didn't bother to respond. However, the fact remains that we do not have a "free delivery" option. Still, Amazon is cheaper than buying from local bookstores - for the same sort of reasons as the lack of free delivery - small market and long way from any(no)where!