• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite is my current one... a 2006 Burton AK Down Jacket... its puffy, makes me look like an evil michelin man, and has War Games print on it, but I only had it and a chesty bond shirt underneath and I wasn't cold in -27 degrees...

Originally Posted By: Heather Locklear Rocks
Jacket arrive snowjunky?

Yes it did thanks HLR - arrived yesterday and I am stoked.
I priced it here in Bris-vegas at AUD $999 & ended up ordering from Ellis Brigham in the UK marked down to 200 pounds sterling.
Take off the VAT & add delivery here to Oz & it ended up costing just AUD $407 for a very technical bit of gear.
If you are around Thredbo/Perisher in the next few weeks or Nozawa/ Shiga Kogen next February keep an eye out for the "licorice allsort" black & green flash. wave
Originally Posted By: snowjunky
Originally Posted By: Heather Locklear Rocks
Jacket arrive snowjunky?

Yes it did thanks HLR - arrived yesterday and I am stoked.
I priced it here in Bris-vegas at AUD $999 & ended up ordering from Ellis Brigham in the UK marked down to 200 pounds sterling.
Take off the VAT & add delivery here to Oz & it ended up costing just AUD $407 for a very technical bit of gear.
If you are around Thredbo/Perisher in the next few weeks or Nozawa/ Shiga Kogen next February keep an eye out for the "licorice allsort" black & green flash. wave

Gonna be in Thredbo/Perisher 24th - 30th August ... I will keep my eye out thumbsup
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Will do. I like the look of that jacket actually. Can you tell me what it's called?

Here is the details Muika
No I have not found any bright green gloves yet. I may have to look in the ladies section.

SOS Men's Evo 2L Jkt £399.99
SALE Reduced to £200.00
catalogue ref: 333700A masterpiece in engineered skiwear construction. The Dermizax EV 20k/20k waterproof & breathable outer fabric is super stretchy and fully taped whilst Primaloft insulation brings warmth without bulk. Features 3D hood, extensive laser cut and ultrasonic welded details, waterproof front zip, high mounted front pockets with waterproof zips, rotated mesh backed underarm vents with waterproof zips, arm pocket with waterproof zip, on board Recco reflector, lycra inner cuffs, snowskirt and inner goggle, security and MP3 pockets.

Hi Mamabear, I will be in perisher from 1-7 August & Thredders 7-14, so bummer, I will miss catching up.

I enjoyed reading your report from Thredbo recently (& the dairy pics!)

You must be keen coming back for another fix, still it's probably a bad snow year again in WA like here in Qld biggrin

Another "redeye special' flight for you I suppose. I have done that a few times myself catchimg up with the sister-inlaw doen Freo way

Any way I wish you good dumps f0r your next trip to the mountains.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: snowjunky
Hi Mamabear, I will be in perisher from 1-7 August & Thredders 7-14, so bummer, I will miss catching up.
I enjoyed reading your report from Thredbo recently (& the dairy pics!)

You must be keen coming back for another fix, still it's probably a bad snow year again in WA like here in Qld biggrin

Another "redeye special' flight for you I suppose. I have done that a few times myself catchimg up with the sister-inlaw doen Freo way

Any way I wish you good dumps f0r your next trip to the mountains.

Thanks smile I am hoping for some dumps before I go and during as well smile

No redeye for me.
I am flying 9am to Melbourne and then on to Canberra. Meeting a friend from here, originally from Tassie, who will be in Melb for a conference [that I was also supposed to attend <doh!>] and going together to Canberra to meet a 3rd girl from Perth who will have been visiting with her Dad in Orange for the week prior. She will need alcohol at the airport to revive her from spending a week with Dad and his new wife. Then after getting settled at a Canberra hotel and gaving a drink together we need to head back to the airport to pick up our 4th who is arriving from Perth on the direct flight [gets in at 10.30pm].
shifty didnt make it easy did we!! lol

Thanks Mamabear

I feel like I have just read a script from "days of our lives" smile

I hope you have a better week than the one I just returned from.

Most areas open to start with but then 3 days of gale force winds shutting down all the good bits, not to mention no viz on all the peaks.

Of course as soon as I packed my skis away on Friday to head home, big fat flakes started falling

dohOh well I did ski every day but I am mighty sick of t-bars.

Come on February, hurry up & get here.

BTW - back on thread topic - My new jacket was ace, comfy & warm in all conditions.

That truly sucks snowjunky!!!

Damn the wind holds...and I hear you about t-bars. At least you are on SKIs, try them on a snowboard!

We had no visibility off the Kosi chair quite a few days - and they changed the layout from the last time I went...MAN was I confused!

Excellent news about the jacket though - that means it is all tested and broken in for February smile

My one and only pic from Perisher on the first afternoon before the weather closed in for the week.

hellyer_32.JPG

O9 Perisher crew - Top of Interceptor Quad heading for the Ridge

Yes it Was fun BC despite no fresh or visability,

Then again any day on snow is fun.

Our crew were quite the united nations. In the pic from

L to R:- Victorian, Austrian, Italian, Snowjunky, Singaporean

• 3 weeks later...

a pose from me and the boys at Thredbo in August

4boys.jpg

and me teaching my wife the fine art of snowboarding:

nikkilesson.jpg

only 2 new jackets in that collection, and the colours werent bright enough to stand out, specially against the snow (fortunately we could see one son from about 10kms away!! LOL