• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More and more are starting to make the long haul over. Obviously with The Alps so close I doubt we're ever going to be inundated with Brits but more than just a few are now making the trip over.

I met a Pom at Higashyama a few years back, I was walking to the car park at the prince and said G'day to this guy coming the other way, he just burst into laughter and said he was English and often wondered if Aussies just said G'day in the movies and he came to Japan to have Aussies all over the place saying G'day.

More Brits travel abroad for winter sports than any other country. This year JNTO in Nagano are concentrating to bring more Brits over to Japan for skiing.

In the tour brochures in the UK you will find packaged ski trips to Japan with usually a couple of days in Kyoto.

the one I'm seeing is Ingxxms and it's only Furano, Niseko, Rusutsu with optional stays in Kyoto or Tokyo after the skiing.

I'd think this coming season, the tour companies would concentrate on their bread and butter resorts with perhaps the Brits taking a 10 day, instead of a 2 week stint in Val D'Isere.

Yen won't be coming down by winter, pound steady against Euro.

Originally Posted By: ausi ski bum
I met a Pom at Higashyama a few years back, I was walking to the car park at the prince and said G'day to this guy coming the other way, he just burst into laughter and said he was English and often wondered if Aussies just said G'day in the movies and he came to Japan to have Aussies all over the place saying G'day.

Sounds like Rodney. Plonker.

JNTO not yet got the act fully into gear here....it might be a few years before they can get into the ski brochures..yes its the Hokkadio resorts that are in them at present

Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: ausi ski bum

Sounds like Rodney. Plonker.

lol
thumbsupWe come with our Ugg Boots and King Gee trousers, sporting tans and swilling beer - even the kids. Its true! Would I come a raw prawn with you cobber?

Brits? Noticed a fair few accents of the UK general area when last I was in Japan. But as has already been said - for a quick ski trip, or a regular visit the majority are gonna hit European slopes are they not? We made the trek to Switzerland for Zermatt this past Janaury, but we will perhaps do one of these LONG HAUL ski adventures once every 5 years or so. Japan is just so much closer for the Aussie crew.
Originally Posted By: stemik
JNTO not yet got the act fully into gear here....it might be a few years before they can get into the ski brochures..yes its the Hokkadio resorts that are in them at present

JNTO are basically useless **** so I wouldn't hold your breath on them getting their act fully into gear.

there are a fair few Brits guising as locals due to the Teaching English as a "Job" thing that goes on over here, I'm 1 of em. Dunno about a lot just coming for a ski trip.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
hows the West coast treatng ya Geoff?

I'll be back home in a couple of weeks, can't wait for that first Irn-Bru injecton!! lol

West coast, Fyne!!! [ Not at the moment rain] But we have had a heat wave for a couple of weeks banner