Alarm clock?

Chime at nearby town office?

Kiss from partner?

Birds?

Last week or so a bunch of chirpy birds have been meeting outside my bedroom window and apparently having a healthy argument at about 4:30am every day.

Better than the chime, not as good as the kiss.

Usually by myself with mobile phone alarm as back up. I find if I am getting up at 5:30am everyday I usually wake up just before my alarm. If the surf is off a few days I usually let myself sleep in an extra 30 mins or so.

I always seem to wake up a few minutes before my alarm clock is set to ring. I think it's because it's really loud and annoying and I really just don't want to hear it!

I always set the alarm but also seem to usually wake up just before it goes off. Unless I was drinking the night before or unusually tired.

Ive done that before...but I find I am much happier if I just set the darn thing half an hour earlier and hit the snooze button a couple of times before getting up. Gives me time for my brain to wake up inside my body and makes me 'feel' like I stole an extra half hour in bed - and that sets my mood of happiness for the entire day.

I just get grumpy when I have to fly out of bed on a freezing cold morning and race across to a blaring alarm across the room - and then stand there wondering what day it is.

lol