Was out on the juice last night and my friend turns up in black leather trousers. First time I have noticed someone I know, who is not a celeb, in leather trousers. He got some right stick for it, was quite funny.

Any non-celebs on here who might indulge in leather trousers? Just part of my research....

lol

Originally Posted By: Mamabear

You mean THIS kind if leather trousers...

leather-trouser.jpg

Yeah...they are just dumb!

Actually, as protective wear for a motorcyclist, they are WONDERFUL, and should be mandatory. Have you ever tried to repair the results of "tar burns" when you get thrown off the thing onto the tar at 100km/hr. It ain't a confortable feeling, and the scabs take for ever to heal. Itchy as all get out, too!

Leather pants and jacket are definately de rigeur for motorcycling.

Ma' bear, people don't wear it that much compared to when our family first traveled South Germany 30 years ago. Lots of people were wearing traditional garmets in Holland, Swiss, Tirol, Italy.... My dad still wears a Tirolian Hat with the fluffy stuff and he is probably the only one in Tokyo. No we did not buy Lederhosen. Still I see it sometimes even it is not octoberfest, especially further south of munich towards the mountains.

I am not sure as to if I am required to wear one for our wedding. Her parents cracked up when I asked. I might get a longer one not the short one. hehehe

My humblest of apologies 2pints - seems my wee attempt at injecting a bit of humor has grown legs and run its own path!

Hopefully this thread will return to talk about this:

Dsqaured2fall.jpg

for you soon...

I can always search out a few more gratuitious pic's if you like... ashamed

None of those bodies do much for me!

BTW Mama, you have too much time to spare if you can go searching for that sort of thing - get back to the ironing, woman!

oops violin

Hey there JA...my brand new ironing press does it in half the time - my ironing is DONE razz

I have way MORE free time to troll the interwebs at the moment because if my sexy new netbook and wireless dingle. So much wasted time in a day - waiting for kids - waiting rooms at the dentist - on the train - while stirring the dinner... that can now we be utilised to do fun netsurfing thumbsup

I am off to a boozy Enjo lunchtime demo followed by a cocktail affair at Meades with class parents tonight. cheers My GOD! Its FRIDAY!

Goodness - 40 is awfully good fun! wink

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Goodness - 40 is awfully good fun! wink

Yeah, it WAS, wasn't it! Way back in 1988!

Leather trousers for fashion purposes (as JA points out motorbike wear is acceptable) is simply unacceptable!!

Frauleins in Bavarian dress and lakes of beer are a great combination at the Oktoberfest!!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Leather trousers for fashion purposes (as JA points out motorbike wear is acceptable) is simply unacceptable!!

I would add MORE than acceptable - necessary - for motorbike wear. Even these kids on scooters - in thier boardshorts and tank tops with girlfriend in a miniskirt and heels on the back - they need to think about what a road surface will ddo to thier exposed skin should they meet the pavement even at low speed! Silly silly.

Few years back we were daily visitors to a friend in hospital close to home with a broken femur from a water ski accident, his parents were farmers and had to go back to the farm - so we did the replacement family thing. His 6 bed ward had some people leave and newies replace them while he was there and they were ALL (no word of a lie) ALL motorbike accidents! some amputee's, but all lost major amounts of skin except one guy with nasty broken bones, but no other damage - HE was wearing leathers.

I used to wear a leather jacket in winter when riding my bike, but not in summer.

I used to struggle in summer deciding between not wearing leather in case you fell off, or wearing it, and then virtually guaranteeing you would pass out in the 40 plus degree heat and fall off for sure lol