Things that are overpriced

Someeone told my brother that if you lit two matches simultaneously and the were touching with the red tips that they would fuse together.

Because Mum was onto us with ANY behavioural infraction he decided to try this out on the loo while he sat.... you know multitasking to perfection...

well he ended up with 3rd degree burns on his inner thighs - which he knew he would get in to trouble for so it took 3 days before he admitted it - by that stage they were infected!!!

Fire and boys - not a good mix.

but surely the phosphorus burns (ie a chemical reaction), not melts.

I gather to achieve this, you have to light, then extinguish immediately, before the phosphorus head has had a chance to burn.

As a teenager, I was such a good "backyard" chemist LOL. had a number of close shaves and burn etc to prove it lol

ok, being completely relevant to things that are overpriced, unless I've not remembered correctly something I don't wish to remember:

Phosphorous does not sublime. It goes from solid to liquid to gas, all threee phases of a non-sublimation compound. So, on passing through the liquid phase when lit, the two match heads melt and fuse together before burning, after which they burn as one.

Matches are overpriced.

Weddings ... had 2 wives, no weddings! Both were registry office and cost bu99er all! The second marriage, however, cost =me a bomb. and the divorce finished me off.

Funerals ... No idea yet, never had one! evilgrin

Anything with a "designer" name print (talking Tee shirts, caps, trackies etc) whether related to the articles they make or not.

FerExample - a Tee with "Bundy Rum" print or a "Nike" swoosh is twice (or more) the price of the same tee without the gratuitous advertising. Go Figure! Some people will actually PAY to wear some brand advertising?

Originally Posted By: big-will
Quote:
the same tee

Not if it's official stuff.

We have often lived by the "you pay forr quality motto" and most often it is true. but there have been many times when we have forked over big dollars for branded shirts and they have been total cr@p! Not worth spare change.

So yes - SOMETIMES - the brand stuff is not the same crap tee big-will, but sometimes it is. Or worse!