Toilet in the air - 1 pound please

Ryan Air the first to introduce charging for toilets on planes?

>

Irish carrier Ryanair, Europe's largest budget airline, might start charging passengers for using the toilet while flying, chief executive Michael O'Leary said on Friday.

"One thing we have looked at in the past and are looking at again is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door so that people might actually have to spend a pound to spend a penny in future," he told BBC television.

He said this would not inconvenience passengers travelling without cash. "I don't think there is anybody in history that has got on board a Ryanair aircraft with less than a pound."

O'Leary has a reputation as a cost cutter, expanding Ryanair by offering low headline fares and charging extra for items such as additional luggage.

Last week, Ryanair announced it was to shut all check-in desks at airports and have passengers check in online instead.

"We're all about finding ways of raising discretionary revenue so we can keep lowering the cost of air travel," he said.

Ridiculous!

What about the legal problems .... if someone does not have the pound or enough pounds to 'spend the penny as required' and they develop a bladder infection or similar as a result of holding it... What about the cheap buggers who will pee on the seat rather than pay to pee... OMG.

No thanks.

Give me a full service provider any day!

However I would happily pay to use a toilet that has a little more space and is ACTUALLY cleaned during flight - some airline toilets are disgusting. Perhaps you can have the shocker of a freebie and if you want to pay you get the nice sparkling, sweet smelling loo with half decent paper :-)

Long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was on a BA flight from HKG to LHR via BOMBAY!!!!! Holy shit.

After the pickup at Bombay, the toilets were ankle deep in brown water. It was shocking. veryshocked

Originally Posted By: thursday
Long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, I was on a BA flight from HKG to LHR via BOMBAY!!!!! Holy shit.

After the pickup at Bombay, the toilets were ankle deep in brown water. It was shocking. veryshocked

and to think that qantas is going to send their shinny A380 in that direction

I got a solution. High Tech disposable nappy for air travel that costs half a pound.

Carry on an empty drink bottle to pee pee. Or in the coke can or wine bottle you bought on that flight and hand it back to the attendant.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
I got a solution. High Tech disposable nappy for air travel that costs half a pound.
Carry on an empty drink bottle to pee pee. Or in the coke can or wine bottle you bought on that flight and hand it back to the attendant.

they already have adult diapers, just got to get a stewardess to change it for you.
  • 3 months later...

Hey did I hear on the news that this was actually decided on?

Can't seem to find any updated info other than "they are considering it" but I'm sure someone on the BBC said something about it the other day.