Who can NOT like this? (Natto)

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: snowhuntress
Excuse my ignorance WHAT IS NATTO????? wakaranai

Fermented soy beans. Basically soy beans in a gooey substance the consitency of snot and smells like rotten cheese. Supposedly very healthy but I think I'd rather eat my toe jam razz

rollabout

Friend of mine enjoys natto sandwiches. He actually puts margarine on the bread, then a slimey layer of natto on top with some onion.

When I visited a mate (Abe on SJ) who was a JET down in Shikoku he made me do blind taste testing in one of his classes and Natto was one of the foods. I almost puked. It was beyond awful.

The kids laughed their arses off at me but I got them back when they had to try Marmite. Everyone hated it apart from the fat kid in the class who thought marmite was great and ate everyone elses.

Originally Posted By: golf74
When I visited a mate (Abe on SJ) who was a JET down in Shikoku he made me do blind taste testing in one of his classes and Natto was one of the foods. I almost puked. It was beyond awful.

The kids laughed their arses off at me but I got them back when they had to try Marmite. Everyone hated it apart from the fat kid in the class who thought marmite was great and ate everyone elses.

lol you gotta love fat kids, they eat anything!!!!
On a non-food, but fat kid topic, 1 class I had I was teaching movement vocab to 2nd grade elementary kids and I was playing Simon Says. When I said: "Simon Says....DANCE", instead of just dancing or jumping around the fat kid in class pulled up his T-shirt and started to slap his fat belly with a huge contented smile on his face!! I thought that perhaps he misheard me so I repeated the "DANCE" instructions many times after the other only to see him gleefully reach for his t-shirt and slap away...it was 1 of the funniest things I've ever seen!!