• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids are a nightmare for dropping gloves off the chairlift!

I always carry a spare pair of gloves (even if they are just thin inners - then hope to God they don't fall heaps and get them drenched!) and cash to buy new gloves.

I also really like forcing the little monsters to use the wrist straps on thier gloves so even if they drop them they just dangle from thier wrists.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I also really like forcing the little monsters to use the wrist straps on thier gloves so even if they drop them they just dangle from thier wrists.

I love those wrist straps! I only buy gloves that have them...

Carrying inner gloves is a good idea Ma'bear !

Girlfriend dropped one glove in a gondola in Italy. Went snowboarding the whole day and next day the operators found it for her.

Now when we carry them we put the chin strap of the helmet through the wrist strap and put the glove inside the helmet.

I always have inner gloves. For some reason my hands get particularly cold but with the inners they get really toasty-like.

2 worst potential things for skiing:

badly fitting boots

being too cold

• 1 month later...

I think people coming new to the sport are being told basically that it's part of the setup. Thats what I was told when I was in the shop buying my first snowboard. (I'm sure wanting to sell more has something to do with it too!) Seems like a wise thing to do though.