• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year I thought I would create a special "Cheese at Resorts" Gallery.   At the moment, myself along with Cheesewoman, Cheesegirl and Cheeseboy are at Nozawa Onsen in Nagano. Lovely place, but

A tale of 4 baby cheeses - Pt 1   I heard a small voice calling to me from the convini at Furano, it sounded like it was coming from a 4 pack of baby cheese. The cheese asked me for a ride to the s

Ok, the Horuyoi I understand coz you must have had a chick along... but the Nodogoshi? Wtf, I thought only homeless dudes drank that!! And, aren't those cans a little small for proper hanami viewing

actually i could go a nice meat pie..

Edit:

250px-Comte_AOP.jpg

My french friend brought some Comte cheese all the way from France and I have developed a real taste for it.

It is really delicious.

Comté (also called Gruyère de Comté) is a French cheese made from unpasteurized cow's milk in the Franche-Comté region of eastern France. Comté has the highest production of all French AOC cheeses, around 40,000 tonnes annually.

The cheese is made in flat circular discs, each between 40 centimetres (16 in) and 70 centimetres (28 in) in diameter, and around 10 centimetres (4 in) in height. Each disc weighs up to 50 kilograms (110 lb). The fat content is around 45%. The rind is usually a dusty-brown colour, and the internal pâte is a pale creamy yellow. The texture is relatively hard and flexible, and the taste is strong and slightly sweet.

Gorgonzola and Beer ni Cheese! peering over the ropes at Grandeco:

gallery_10844_84_134753.jpg

Naturally, they were not naughty enough to duck the ropes. Just to be clear.

Gorgonzola studying the life of the Deco Rangers:

gallery_10844_84_238341.jpg

「ビールにチーズ!」に。。。ビール!

gallery_10844_84_140739.jpg

Gorgonzola and Beer ni Cheese! saying "Cheese!" with Shocker Deco Ranger:

gallery_10844_84_84503.jpg

Cheers, guys.

:lol:

Brilliant!

How did you explain it to him?

I simply asked him if he would mind having a picture taken posing with cheese, and he didn't bat an eye.

Then asked if it was ok to post the picture on the web, and he gave a big thumbs up.

Very accommodating and friendly.

I wonder if he already knows of SnowJapan, and this thread.

Or perhaps that is just what an unflappable professional he is.

Good work Metabo! :thumbsup: I took some stringy cheese out to play at Rusutsu today. It was definitely a Tale of Two Cheeses!

First stop, the famous Rusutsu trees.

gallery_10495_84_1558128.jpg

But then a saucy Steamboat pork curry proved too much of a temptation for one half of our dynamic duo!

gallery_10495_84_1517298.jpg

Skinny-dipping in pork curry! What a way to go!

gallery_10495_84_1295043.jpg

Our now solitary cheese seeks solace in the trees.

gallery_10495_84_1780791.jpg

And friendship on the merry-go-round!

gallery_10495_84_1041055.jpg

That's chunky 'meat' (gristle) in that curry there Mick!

Supposedly pork, but it could have been horse! ;) Or camel! :omg: & it would've been better encased in a slab of shortcrust! :thumbsup:

Don't know how people can eat that 'more fat than meat' kind of meat they stick in curry etc here so often. Not that I'm saying that one you had was, though it looks it!

It was hot and I was cold and hungry! Fat, gristle, pork, horse or camel is always good with curry sauce (& cheese) :D

[quote name=Man_In_Japan' timestamp='1

360881997' post='474010]I have really sucked at this cheese reporting this year.

Plenty of time yet MiJ! :thumbsup: Where are you planning to go next weekend?