What do you want for Christmas?

I am trying to come up with idea's for my 'has everything' husband....so I was wondering if there might be common threads of things that people would like.

thumbsupWhat is the BIG thing you would love for Christmas if budget was no object?

thumbsupWhat is a more realistic gift wish for Christmas?

thumbsdownWhat would you NOT like to receive?

A lovely full carbon road bicycle with the dropped handle bars. I saw one in my local shop for 1,000,000 yen, a tad expensive, but if money was no object.....

And a very powerful motorbike

More realistically though a new set of skis or a much more sensibly priced bicycle or some power tools, to add to my collection. A bunch of gift vouchers for my favourite shop.

Clothes from my relatives.........a big big no no or any of the above without first consulting me....I am very choosey about style, colour, functionability, power, etc.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
I am trying to come up with idea's for my 'has everything' husband....so I was wondering if there might be common threads of things that people would like.

thumbsupWhat is the BIG thing you would love for Christmas if budget was no object?

... world peace ... er ... sorry, I was having a 'Miss America moment'.

1. To be given a private ski resort in either the Canadian or American Rockies.
2. Don't need anything - a long healthy life is enough.
3. No more underwear and sox PLEASE!

1) a ferrari and a ducati party

2) id just like more time off to actually ski - hell, cut my salary 25% and give me 25% more time off!!!

3) ??? Dont get anything other than what I generally buy so no problems there smile

rollabout

All these muscle vehicles and private resorts! Gotta love it!

thumbsdownSounds like clothes, sox and jocks are very much the unloved items commonly found in Christmas Stockings!

confusedI think I will get my hubby a Suunto Core (all black) watch.... I wanted the Observer ST for him, but they have discontinued it apparently and while they have one in stock in the online store they don't have one in Perth and I do not want to risk Australia Post at this late in the game!!! So looks like it will be a Core.

A big storm dropping over a metre of snow is the only present I'm hoping for. Wife and I aren't getting any gifts for each other as there's just nothing we really need or want...

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Bunny girl dressed up as Santa.

Quote:
What would you NOT like to receive?

A hangover. Socks are ok, can always use them. lol

that would be the realistic gift. What about the wish gift?

1. Lottery winning ticket! OR a magic way to make the dollar worth more against the yen!

2. A new (as opposed to secondhand, like the current one) rideon mower.

3. I'm with everyone else. Sox/jox/clothing in particular are personal choice and I rather prefer my taste to anyone else's

(with exception of +1, of course! She has EXCELLENT taste! wink)

Sorry Mamabear, I missed this.

Get him penicillin
Originally Posted By: thursday
Get him penicillin

LOL Thanks Thursday, but I enjoy living - I am allergic to Penicillin.

Originally Posted By: myself
I think I will get my hubby a Suunto Core (all black) watch.... I wanted the Observer ST for him, but they have discontinued it apparently and while they have one in stock in the online store they don't have one in Perth and I do not want to risk Australia Post at this late in the game!!! So looks like it will be a Core.

Lucky for me I jagged a Suunto Observer Steel - smart looking watch it is too. Very happy!

you haven't spilt the beans on what you want.

OK.. spilling the beans.

If price was no object I highly desire an all inclusive Japan Snow trip. It was Papa who pushed for Zermatt this year, and while I am excited about that my very very favouritist gift to open would be a trip to just about anywhere in Japan - even just for a few days. I would take it for my birthday in early March. The chances of that appearing under the tree are very slim and I might need smelling salts if it did.

A more realistic and likely gift is an iPod. I have bought at least one for each of my immediate family members over the years - starting with an old iPod Classic for DS16's 10th birthday, right through to the Bose iPod speakers I bought Papa for fathers day. Yet no-one has yet seen fit to bring me into the 21st Century yet! A little birdie told me that is likely tio change this year, and I am so excited about that!

I would not like to get a food gift basket. For starters we are going away on Boxing Day and would not use it, but I got one from SIL last year that had expired food in it, and she apparently knew it was expired. I just don't get that... My bin is full enough at Christmas time without having a massive hamper of expired foods that I would not eat even if they were in code adding to the bin!! Fancy Tea's and chocolates etc with a long shelf life will be welcomed however.