lunch - 1600
2pm beer - 350
2:30 beer - 350
happy hour - 2000
dinner, food included, drink: 2000

more drinking: 2000

there you go 10,000 with change.

naughty
Alcohol consumption while skiing is dangerous for the individual and everyone with whom he/she comes in contact. Some of you might be familiar with this research.

Compared to prices at Perisher, the prices at Furano last year may have been in a third world country... Also, with all the vending machines around, it keeps the prices of beer and soft drinks down...

I'll see how we go at SK this year.

When we were in NZ a couple of years ago we got 2 gatorades and 2 buckets of chips and it came to $18. I nearly passed out.

I realise this year is going to be more expense but I still think it is cheaper to eat on the hill than anywhere else I have been.

I have worked out that if I get a large beer from the vending machine by the time I have drunk 1/2 I will be off my face and pass out and presto there is a huge saving on dinner. Oh yeah and I will 1/2 for the next night. lol

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Food / Restaurants to try in Niseko:

I have heard the following is worth checking out whilst there, perhaps:

“Bowl of Soba / Udon / Ramen noodles, and Kani or Crab Ramen at Hanozono are good valueâ€

Niseko Restaurants/Bars to try:

- Rin

- Ice Bar in Hirafu Village near Full Note Pension & Seicomart

- Abucha 1st Japanese Izakaya & Bar

- Zhivagos

- Senchou - Good seafood, quite traditional

- Yummy's Pizza

- Yuki Bar

- Little Noodle House near the bottom of the main street

- King Bell Hut BBQ

Kutchan:

- Nihonbashi in Kutchan - Authentic Japanese

---

Thoughts?

Don't forget - you can maximise cost efficiency by buying a larger quantity of beer at a cheaper cost ie look at maiko a 4l pitcher for 4000 yen, compared to 600yen per large 500ml can. Save 800 yen