Would you call someone with a non urgent issue at 7am?

No, neither would I.

This bloke I know though seemed to feel the need to tell me that a group of friends are having a party on 12th December ---- in a phone call at 7am this morning!!!

I was looking forward to a good lie in today. That's not happening now!

veryangry

I can't stand people calling me after 8.30pm or early in the morning on weekends.

Had been sick all week and was not sleeping very well on my first decent nights sleep someone rang at 6am to see if I had check out a certain web page.

NOT HAPPY JAN veryangry

I got a phone call from one of my son's mates at 11.30pm!

He was playing on line and so was my son, so he thought - great I will call him. Of course eldest child did not pick up the phone did he? NO! He let it ring until it woke his father and I up (who had to work the next day), and the little kids (who had school the next day) and had our hearts pounding expecting to hear one of our parents had died!

Needless to say I told him to check the time before he called again or call the boy on his mobile! slap

Ahhh, the advantages of answer machines on both lines. set to kick in after about 5 rings.

Of course, the fact that I have no kids at home helps. That means that they do not wake me with calls at funny o'clock!

GN,

Doesn't it go through your head that it could be seriously urgent for someone to call at that time of the morning (or night for that matter).

I have let some of my son's friends, and many of my friends know that if they are ever stranded (finding a taxi is like striking gold in Perth!) to call me no matter what time of day or night. I would rather that inconvenience to attending thier funeral!

And speaking of funerals...perhaps the call is to tell you of the impending death of a friend or relative and you miss the chance to say goodbye because you caught those extra ZZzzzzz's.

That is why we answer.

That is why we get ticked when people breach the cultural guidelines and call at stupid hours without urgent and adequate reason.

MB that's why you answer, don't think the guys above have kids. I don't have kids yet either and frankly can't think of any reason that something could be so urgent that it couldn't wait a few hours (and hell if I miss a funueral I don't count that as a bad thing, can't stand em).

CB's got his lingo confused - you need a hard-line into the house; however, it can be fibre optic, or the traditional ADSL/dial-up type.

For example, my gaff, only has a fibre-optic hardline, which then splits off to my moden then to my 'land-line' (internet phone), two pcs, xbox/ps3 and tv. I still have to pay line rental to NTT, but no longer are the days of 'buying' a line from NTT.

Well thats what phone lines are coming to be now - fibre optic cables as they are more resilient, can carry more information, not affected by electromagnetism amongst many reasons.

I hate the phone going late night or early morning. There's always a "whats happened" worry. Last month I got a call at 4am. Don't know who it was other than it was from overseas. No-one called back or mailed me either so I'm presuming a mistake. Not good getting calls in the middle of the night.

Yeah I had a phone call from my brother last week, I didn't hear it as was sleeping but he'd left me a txt message saying to contact him as "he had to speak to me", so I thought it something bad, my Dad in trouble again (he had a heart attack almost this time last year) so when I phone him he springs a surprise by saying that he's getting married!!!! Good news but they phone calls really get the imagination working

The one and only time my family have done that TB, they ended up getting an earful of blue language at 4am - because they decided news of my sister getting married couldn't wait 4/5hours