Anyone remember the good old Pick 'n' Mix at Woolies? I was just reading that Woolworhs might be sold for one pound. Bet you can't get any Pick 'n' Mix these days for a quid.

Quote:
Woolworths - which is famous for its pick 'n' mix - is believed to be in discussions with restructuring firm Hilco to sell its 800-store chain for a nominal £1. The shares lost nearly a third of their value on the news, falling 1.23p to 2.58p, after being suspended briefly before the announcement.

445437640_51e62c8222.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow very Natsukashiiiiiiiiiiii!!! Yeah I remember them, used to go to woolworths when I was a kid and pick different sweets, I remember they had penny chews like the black jacks and fruit salad sweets, little rectangle sweets in a wrapper, remember those?

I bet instead of one penny chews they are now one pound chews!

yes, mostly, they are BUT the size has diminished more than a little.

When I were a lad ... way back in the 60s ... we bought freckles for 3 a penny. Now they are around one cent each and the size has reduced by around 50%.

That bit at the top about Woolies being sold for a quid is scary stuff. Crap shop, but things just wouldn't be the same without it there on the high street selling all sorts of nonsense.

Actually believe it or not I bought two diner plates and desert plates from woolies about 12 years ago now and still using them here. Unbelievable how well they have lasted, they were only cheap at the time too. I wonder how many more years they will go!!!

I remember the old red and black liquorice shoe laces, used to love eating them. Actually I still do, when ever I find a pic N mix here in Japan, I usually get a bag full of sweets. Don't know what it is about the kiddie sweets, but they are tasty, don't you think?

I found a small packet of Black Jacks in the local shop back home about two weeks ago. There were only eight or nine chews in but it was 35p! At least they haven't messed with the taste.

We were on KLM so I got a few bags of Dutch licorice at Schipol. The Dutch make some really good stuff. Really powerful.

This is not a good thread for someone trying to fit into their ski pants for next year.

Isn't it popping candy LOVED IT and you know you can get popping gum now.

Fizzy Sour Cola Bottles, Banana's, Spearmint leaves oh hell loved them all.