• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you take away the airfare to get to japan even now it is good value. Vending machine drinks are still under $2 Aussie and lunches about 15, and that's not for a burger that's been sitting in the warmer all day and 12 French fries like you get at home. Lift tickets are still $20 cheaper per day than aussie resorts. Accommodation is also cheaper than home. All this and the snow quality. Just booked 4th trip in a row. Won't be as cheap as the last 3 but still when you're waist deep it will be worth it. And I'm not going to be able to curb my vending machine addiction....

• 1 month later...

Panhead Pete has unwittingly prompted me to revive this thread. Fair to say that times aren't getting any easier for anyone, and now it's not just the exchange rate that's the problem. Anyone else having to rethink thier holidays?

Friends of mine in Aussie have cancelled due to the husband being made redundant. He's frantically trying to get work, but the signs aren't good right now - even for someone with education and relevant training.

:(

A fair few people unfortunately.

But there is still a lot of people who haven't.

Media reports of places being empty and on the slide are somewhat premature as anyone here will tell you.

We can just hope that things start to turn for the better sooner rather than later.

well we've just paid for our trip to japan so no chance in hell we're cancelling. i've wanted to go there for everrrrrrr! can't wait to check out tokyo and the snow in niseko (even if it is in early march)

aud exchange rate is pretty poor but at the end of the day it's just money razz

Both of the other families we travelled with last year have cancelled.

No job losses amongst them, but financial pressures and the pressures of the current economic climate and not wanting to be away from work and not be missed play a role.

Recession proof employment?

Our line of business is recession sturdy but I wouldnt go so far as to say recession proof.....do you work for the dole office?

Gareth.... hee hee...nothing like justifaction to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!