1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

With all the talk about how nervous the Japanese are that the state of the currency markets at the moment will impact on tourism, has anyone on these forums actually cancelled their plans to travel to Japan this winter? I thought it might be time for a poll...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend and I are coming from the UK. We have recently booked and paid a deposit. The rate is not good now, but I'll still be going just hoping it gets better in the coming months.

We are not doing Japan this season - Europe for the first time (for snow that is)....although we had hoped to do a week in Spring in Japan - but that may well be put on the back burner because of the economic situation.

Friends we travelled with last year:

One family of four has cancelled in the past two weeks.

The other family of four is considering cancelling. They will be in UK from mid Dec anyway for family reasons - so the extra expense of coming home to Perth and going back to J-Land a week later seems less and less attractive. They might join us in Zermatt instead.

Well if you hang around in a Japan Snowsports forum, chances are that you are less likely to cancel a ski trip than the average punter...

No offence meant, just I think our sample might be biased.

I would think that cancelling your well earned holidays is a huge "really really don't want to do" thing. And people who are going to Japan may well be the type to hang around a Japan snowsports forum. wink

Perhaps biased, but still worthy info. You are worthy, PWL.

You should ask the question on the Metallic forums. wink

Originally Posted By: keba
Well if you hang around in a Japan Snowsports forum, chances are that you are less likely to cancel a ski trip than the average punter...

No offence meant, just I think our sample might be biased.

hold on, so why did you put the poll here? confused

Zermatt? I hope you plan to change to skiing for that. A painful place to board, so many long traverses. And high altitude at the top of the gondola too, not much air up there...

Tell you what, if there are cancellations it might open up places for other people who wanted to go but couldn't because things were all booked up. Like, me. And I will. smile

Originally Posted By: keba
Zermatt? I hope you plan to change to skiing for that. A painful place to board, so many long traverses. And high altitude at the top of the gondola too, not much air up there...

No. Absolutely not. We will be boarding.
Have never been before - will be an experience.
The Papabear wanted to see other places - you know ...snowboard our way around the world... so we are. I lobbied heavily for a stop in Japan on the way there or on the way back - and I am lobbying for a March trip to Hakuba for my birthday.
GROAN doh traverses... ahhhh...welll. Will let you know how it stacks up upon return.