Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Only a tiny weeny bit of Nozawa resembles Strawberries and that's only because the trees are the same genus. Otherwise Strawberries is a much better place.
right, as if youd know the difference. Can you even get off the freakin lift without falling over? Or, did ya move to Matsuyama because you never got the hang of boarding in powder, just swimming around in it were ya? ;\)
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

but these are a couple old shots of me. i usually ski alone here in japan so there is nothing to report of my japanese powder adventures unfortunately.

daver_5.jpg

Suckers Go Left on CPR ridge at Kicking Horse. a really fun run that requires first knowing the area and then some super exposed billy goating to get into.

daver_6.jpg

and this is Prarie Oyster. a fun steep face in Feuze Bowl. not nearly as tough to find or ski, but great to open up in.

would love to man. gotta get down there. it is surprisingly difficult to get to hakuba from yamagata. i'll possibly be down between the 5-9th of jan, maybe over the weekend of the firefest in nozawa, and otherwise maybe throughout march. regardless, if and when i make it down there, i'll be sure to let you know.

• 3 weeks later...

dont get me wrong i like all TR and stoke but I like this better. All in the same area all the same skier.

First it shows the angle of the run. Taken straight on so its hard to show the angle. That means that it is steep.

fattwins_39.JPG

When the skier is in mid turn even in relaxd unwieghting they are forced out of the snow. Again you can really only get this on the steeps.

fattwins_43.JPG

LAst the skier goes into the best deepest shot enjoying the last of their line getting deep into it. Its not a dropped turn for the camera its just a skier enjoying the last 3 to 5 turns.

fattwins_44.JPG

There are a veiw shots that i love from last season this is one of my top 10 favs. Its the flow and the fibe of what is going on in real terrain.

I don't understand these skier shots (not cb's) where the skier is leaning all in the snow and all you can see are his gloves and ski tips pushing through. it seems to be a cool shot cuz I see lots of magazine covers with shots like that. There's always the caption 'deep powder!'.

IMO, I enjoy powder alot, but it's the floating on powder that is great. I wouldn't want to do laybacks so that I'm almost buried in snow, just to show that it's 'deep'. I also do my best to avoid faceshots, since (especially in trees) you can't see what's coming.