• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday
you can tell he's having an affair.

lol Maybe...
I am on my own in the bed this weekend again... he is in Adelaide.
But bring on the geek toys.

iPad... I just do not like that name. Not at all.

ipad-comparison-maxipad.jpg
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
But.... what have their "puters" got to do with their phones?

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
we got one of these...
Specifically to handle the video/movie making and photo processing.
It is GOOD. Very GOOD.

Specifically HD, MP4 and cruntching all that data. I bought the best software I could get for my PC, upgraded RAM and have a pretty reasonable graphics card. Still doesn't cut it... not even close. Clunky.

We had done the same Tex - utter shite.

Gave up and went to Apple...

The iMacs are BEAST at that stuff. Very impressive.

We did get the best available at the time - a few months back now - and the screen (in built computer in the screen) is massive, but it really does the job.

I actually don't know GG...

Papa just came home with it one day. He had got mighty pee-ed off with the PC not doing what he wanted, so he just DID it. Asking him how much stuff costs will just get you an elusive "ahhh..too bloody much..."

But I get to do the same with the camera when he gets it next Sunday for Fathers Day lol

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
we got one of these...

And it must be the day for geeky gadgets coz I came home with a gift wrapped one of these for Papa today too biggrin

Canon%20500D%20Twin%20Lens%20Bundle.jpg

CANON EOS 500D Digital SLR Twin IS Lens Kit, tripod, memory card, lens protectors, screen protector, cleaning kit and camera bag.
party

Thanks Tex.

Yeah.. I am not a full bottle on DSLRs by any stretch and this is our first foray into owning and using one, but the time has come to learn. We have got some amazing photo's of the boys out of the video footage from the video camera we bought just prior to Christmas - mainly playing rugby, but the quality of the image is not enough to do more than a standard sized print from it. So we are keen now to be able to record the action shots in much higher quality to allow us more flexibility.

Will be a learn as you go process and I am sure we are going to take a fair whack of very crap photo's to begin with wink

But this is the iPhone and alternatives thread...

ON THAT TOPIC ... my phone still rocks biggrin

Originally Posted By: thursday
the camera on the I4 is only 5meg, that is only a basic 4R print. Video is 720p.

Glad it's a phone and not a camera.

Same on the Galaxy S.
5/720
Omission is a flash.
And need to acces via app on touchscreen rather than external button.

But handy if you want to take a snap and don't have a real camera on you.