Yeah it is the longest we have ever been away.

Early years saw no vacations away from home, in fact some years we cashed out our annual leave entitlements. We thought we were lucky with 3 weeks for 2008, but to travel all the way to Europe from Aus and drag the entire family it certainly warranted such an extended vacation. I am sure by the very end of January when we arrive home I will be very glad of the flies and vegemite :-)

I also don't think we will have a full 5 weeks again for a very long time.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A collection recently emailed to me - some good, some very good   The Grim Reaper came for me last night, and I beat him off with a vacuum cleaner. Talk about Dyson with death.   A mate of mine r

Originally Posted By: thursday
Yurrup ain't wat its cracked up to be. Anyway that's my take, but then I'm warped towards Star Wars.

In general or for snow holidays? Either I'd have to disagree with you Thurs, Europe is an awesome place to visit. So many different countries and cultures in such a small space. A few hours drive and you are in a different country with a different language and a different culture. Food is great, beer is great.....I'd recommend going to eastern europe, Poland and Croatia were awesome, cheap as chips (altho maybe not now!) and great places to boot
  • 4 weeks later...

A man dies and appears at the Pearly Gates. “Have you ever done a good deed?†asks St. Peter.

“Sure, one time I came across a gang of bikers who were threatening a woman,†the man says. “I walked up to the leader and punched him in the face, kicked over his bike, and told him, ‘You leave her alone or you’ll answer to me.’â€

“That was very brave of you,†says St. Peter. “When did this happen?â€

“About two seconds ago.â€

Friday Joke

Two dyslexic skiiers about to make their first ever descent are stood at the top of a slope, one says to the other "I can't remember ~ should we zig zag or zag zig down the slope?" the other says "I cant remember ~ lets ask that bloke over their with the sledge". The shuffle over and ask the bloke with the sledge "When you ski down do you zig zag or zag zig?" The man looks at them blankly and says "Don't ask me i'm a toboggonist".

The first skiier says "Oh really, can I have 20 Marlboro Lights please"