PREGNANT man Thomas Beatie will appear on Oprah Winfrey's TV show tomorrow.

Transsexual Thomas, 34, shocked the world when a picture was released showing his bearded face and growing belly.

The Hawaiian ex-lesbian kept his female reproductive organs and is nearly six months pregnant.

In clips from the show, which will be aired tomorrow, Thomas says: "I'm a person and I have the right to have my own biological child."

The amazing revelations have been questioned by sceptics, but the Chicago-based talk show said Oprah had interviewed Thomas, his wife Nancy, their doctor and pals of the pair.

According to the clips from the show, Nancy tells how a hysterectomy left her unable to conceive.

Thomas said: "If Nancy could get pregnant, I wouldn't be doing this."

When he switched gender, Thomas had his breasts removed and began taking testosterone in a bid to grow facial hair.

But after keeping his female reproductive organs, Thomas fell pregnant through artificial insemination.

He expects to deliver a girl around July 3.

In an interview with an American magazine, he wrote: "Wanting to have a biological child is neither a male nor female desire, but a human desire."

Originally Posted By: Ezorisu
 Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
The Hawaiian ex-lesbian kept his female reproductive organs and is nearly six months pregnant.

Go Hawaii! clap.gif

lol.gif thanks for a laugh out loud post Ezorisu!

s/he might be carrying a child, but apparently Mr Lee Mingwei is the first MAN to be pregnant...

http://www.malepregnancy.com/mingwei/

Bizarre.

Having been through this process four times, I can humbly recommend to the men of the world that they kiss thier wives and thank them for taking care of it.

The s/he pregnancy is not so surpising, what is surprising is that the couple wish to publicise it - they usually just want to be accepted as a normal family rather than make a big scene. Go figure.

Here's a question for ya.

I know s/he was taking male hormones, but stopped to get pregnant - wouldn't s/he feminise pretty quick? I know s/he had breast surgery - so therefore the boobs aren't going to grow like ours did when preggers - but surely the facial hair etc would lessen/disappear.

I dunno...

It is just strange.

She is still a woman, she has female reproductive organs, her genes still read XX. Just cos I dress in Superman's cloak for Halloween doesn't mean I can fly

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Here's a question for ya.

I know s/he was taking male hormones, but stopped to get pregnant - wouldn't s/he feminise pretty quick? I know s/he had breast surgery - so therefore the boobs aren't going to grow like ours did when preggers - but surely the facial hair etc would lessen/disappear.

I dunno...
It is just strange.

I was wondering the same thing. I'd guess she'd have to be off the hormone treatment for at least two cycles before implantation, but I would have imagined that at least the facial hair would have minimized by then - even moreso now that she's fairly far into her term. She's going to be on the Oprah show today, so there should be more internet traffic about this in the next day of two.
  • 7 months later...

Poor child, how is the child going to feel when he/she gets older, very very very confused!

It is weird, sorry but this is not normal, I find people who have changed their sex and have children totally irresponsible! It should be banned for the childs sake!

YEAH POOR CHILD!! They said today on an interview that when the baby is older they will tell it that daddy was the mummy and carried it and gave birth. doh

How come the other one didn't get pregnant if she is the female in the relationship?? I sorry can't think about it anymore it does my head in omg

Snowhunter,

The female female could not get pregnant, so they decided they would do it this way. I am pretty sure I saw a report where they used an OB/GYN and assistive reproductive technology - not sure they specifically said HOW, WHO, WHAT ..etc.. My guess is the old turkey baster.

Being a parent and having a lot to do with pre-teens, teenagers and young adults I can't help but think = heck, there is enough cr@p to deal with, adjust to and wade through to come out the other end when things are 'normal'.....these poor kids just have so much more to wade through don't they!!

haha, at halloween me and some mates to my works halloween party, not in fancy dress. My mate though looked like George Michael (unintentional) and obviously we ribbed him for it. In the party there was a costume contest, where you registered yourself, got a number and people filled in tickets with the number of their choice. I secretly registered my mate as George Michael then canvassed the room to vote for him...he finished 3rd!!! lol