None here at the moment, but looks like maybe in for some snow again on Sunday, whether or not that materialises will just have to wait and see. Don't worry though Kasto loads of places in Japan have tons of snow anyway.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snowing nice and hard here now, getting a good amount of accumulation. Nice to see us getting this much down here. Could be some train delays today because of the amount we are getting. This is at 5:45 this morning.

OkemoLoon_11.JPG

7:30 am

Nana Tarzan called to say she couldn't drive in the snow and pick up Mini Me Tarzan. No problem, I said - I'll drive him over.

8:15 am

Get in my rear-wheel drive car and negotiate my way out of the car park and down to the traffic lights. Car sliding all over the place. Bit scary.

8:20 am

Give up and pull into work (in my car) to get the key for the company snowmobile (well 4x4 car with winter tyres).

8:30 am

Try to drive my car to the company snowmobile's car park (3 min drive from office). Get stuck going up a gentle slope and have to slide back down onto the main road.

8:40 am

Go back to office and leave my car, walk carrying wriggling MMT (10kgs), his bag (1kg), my bag (1kg) and the baby seat (8kgs) for 15 mins in the snow to get to company snowmobile. That warmed me up!

8:55

Arrive at company snowmobile, fit car seat

9:10

Drive to Nana Tarzan's house

9:30

Hand over MMT

9:50

Late for work already so stop off at 7-11 to buy breakfast

9:55

Park company snowmobile & run to office

9:59

Get to work (supposed to punch in by 9:49 so not bad I suppose)

I still love snow though clap.gif

Yep, I work weekends and have Wednesdays off.

Most people got here but a bit late. The trains are running ok and the buses are all using chains cos the roads haven't been cleared at all. Quite a few customers made it too - the main car park is half full. Either they decided that buying new glasses was important enough to negotiate the roads or they wanted to enjoy playing driving in the snow.

I saw a few people out on scooters this morning too wakaranai.gif.

Originally Posted By: me jane

Go back to office and leave my car, walk carrying wriggling MMT (10kgs), his bag (1kg), my bag (1kg) and the baby seat (8kgs) for 15 mins in the snow to get to company snowmobile. That warmed me up!

lol.gif No need to go to the gym today then.

Same here Okemo, sleet and rain are melting the snow but apparently its to turn back to snow later this afternoon/ evening. I was out to the shops this morning, it wasn't very nice, the snow was extremely wet and slushy

Originally Posted By: Mantas
 Originally Posted By: me jane

lol.gif No need to go to the gym today then.

lol.gif
Nope just back inside from 4 hours of snow clearing. I think I practically single handedly cleared the car park while most of the other staff stood around in their high heeled boots complaining about how cold it was and moving spoonfuls of snow from the places they were supposed to be clearing onto the bits I had already done!

Here are the before and after pics

10am

CIMG1596.jpg

3pm

CIMG1597.jpg

Well according to JMA there are weather advisories due to "heavy snow, gale, snow accretion and high waves"

More snow tonight, Fine becoming cloudy tomorrow. Not sure if you are going to get your superbowl snow day Okemo.