• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it gets bitter cold tonight and turns this place into an ice rink. Its Super Bowl tomorrow morning everyone should be inside watching the game tomorrow morning!

Well okomoloon you got your wish, Tokyo this morning is like an ice rink, people falling down all over the place.

I heard on the radio this morning that there were 180-odd injuries in Tokyo yesterday. I wonder how many of them were wearing high heeled boots.

Soubs - it might have worked but the car park is full of those blocks to stop you reversing too far back so it would have been a bumpy ride.

I don't know where the TV is getting 7cms in Yokohama from. There was definitely more than that here. There were cars stuck and sliding around on the hill up to Nana Tarzan's house this morning. Someone else has booked the company snowmobile from this evening so I hope it melts before then cos I don't think I'd get my car up there. Shame - if it wasn't for that, the snow would be fun.

Yes, I noticed there is some kind of restriction in the carpark. As I slide into my dotage, moving to Japan has restored one of life's greatest pleasures. Doing circle-work in the supermarket or ski-jo carpark without those dang speed bumps. My lads and I refer to this activity as "warming up the tyres".

Must of been more than 7cms in Yokohama we had around 8cm here in Tokyo, although they only said 3cm.

It is so funny to see the Tokyo people slipping and sliding everywhere, like they have never been on snow, Instead of walking on the snow which is far less slippery they all walk on the icy parts. Duh! Actually I saw many ladies in high heeled boots or shoes, what does one expect when one does not dress for the weather.

It said in the paper that some of the Tokyo motorways were closed yesterday, why? because of a tiny bit of snow. Honestly a few flakes of snow fall in Tokyo and everyone goes into widespread panic, so funny to see.

A lot of the motorways were closed today too. It took my boss two and a half hours to make the 50 min journey to work cos he had to do it on the regular roads which were really crowded and blocked with accidents.

I think its a panic issue, (rather than an inability to clear the snow or grit) with closing the highways - they know people are not used to snow and black ice so they close the highways in the hope that more people will use public transport and reduce the risk of accidents.